Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not surprising. Toyota makes great vehicles. But for now, there isn't a model in their Scion, Toyota, Lexus line-up that I'm really interested in.

I like the FR-S ... but not practical for a dad with a wife and 3 small (and growing kids).

I'm quite happy with my Soul.

·
Registered
458 Posts
While this general trend is nice to see, what's more important to me is the number of lemons for not just the make but the model. I'm sure some car models within a brand are a lot less reliable than others

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
interesting but shouldn't this be in the Off Topic section, its nothing to do with a Soul.

·
Registered
2012+ 2.0L W/Manual trans.
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take note they didn't include Nissan. I suppose the article should be used for entertainment purposes only.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,613 Posts
Interesting methodolgy used by them. So Kia has 1 reported lemon for every 866,941 cars made? Toyota has 1 per every 11 million? There are alot of statistical "assumptions" being made but to me, the odds of getting a true lemon are very low these days, much like winning a lotto.

What might be more interesting is the ratio of true lemons to "close to lemon but not quite there." The rankings might be quite different.

I agree with neiljrosen, this is more for entertainment purposes.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
What about the massive recalls, because of the Tacata air bags?
The Soul doesn't use those time bombs, that can blow up in your face and mark you for life.

Toyota hasn't even begun to replace all of those.

Just sayin'

:cool:

·
Registered
140 Posts
What about the massive recalls, because of the Tacata air bags?
The Soul doesn't use those time bombs, that can blow up in your face and mark you for life.

Toyota hasn't even begun to replace all of those.

Just sayin'

:cool:
10 people have died from the Takata airbags. That's not even a single night's shootings in NYC.

·
Registered
2012 Soul Plus. Automatic, 2.0 engine
407 Posts
Many years ago Fiats were imported into the USA. It is so strange that cars that ran so well and so long in the rest of the world were such failures here in America. We used to joke that Fiats were like Vampires, they couldn't cross water. It seems that traveling over the ocean did something to them.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,613 Posts
Many years ago Fiats were imported into the USA. It is so strange that cars that ran so well and so long in the rest of the world were such failures here in America. We used to joke that Fiats were like Vampires, they couldn't cross water. It seems that traveling over the ocean did something to them.
Sea sickness? Maybe pop a Dramamine tablet in each gas tank :)

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
With my frequent travels to Brazil, I often see some of the brands that failed here, over there.
Fiat, renault, peugeot to name a few.
Hyundai and Kia are starting to make their mark there though.
Unfortunately they don't get the same wonderful warranties we get here in the states.

·
Registered
2012 Soul Plus. Automatic, 2.0 engine
407 Posts
They rusted away completely. Also many mechanical and electrical problems. They gave up trying to sell them in the early 80's. Ask me how I know this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts