Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2019 J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study has been released, giving us a complete rundown of what the highest quality cars are by segment for this year.

Read more >>

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,607 Posts
Interesting that there isn't a Honda, Toyota or Subaru on the list.

Pretty soon they may be taking Kia's & Hyundai's apart to see how they're built :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have to disagree with the basic notion of this report that "quality" is measured just by the number of problems in the first 90 days. Even some Yugos went 90 days before experiencing R-U-S-D (Rapid Unintended Self Destruction).

A true indication of quality is number of problems in the first 90 months.

Although - we just traded in our 2013 Kia Soul (Base 1.6 Automatic) for a 2020 Soul LX, and in 95K miles only had a thermostat and license plate light bulb "break". Other than that, normal maintenance and upkeep (tires and brakes). So I have no problem with Kia/Hyundai on the list. But still very surprised to NOT see Toyota Camry or Honda Civic as Mid-Size Car, and their choices of Chevrolet Equinox as Compact SUV (Subaru? Toyota?), and the Ford Ranger - which just hit the dealer lots a month or two ago. Hmmm.

I'm afraid this one goes into the "Click-Bait to sell advertising" pile for me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If dealers repair small things wihtout reports problems are not seen. I often question polls. Mark Twain: "Lies, damned lies and statistics".

·
Registered
452 Posts
Toyota honda and subaru are SOOOOOOooooooo overated LOL
As an auto mechanic,I made a really good living fixing their junk LOL

Great marketing making idiots of the masses again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts