Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Titanium Grey + (AT)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Maybe we shouldn't discourage people.... It was new to him.
Seriously, I had just got the car 3 days prior.
But honestly if I got discouraged by random trolls, then I wouldn't get anything done at all

·
Registered
'18 Titanium Grey + (AT)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Huh? You mean he didn't know it was a pen holder?

He wasn't discouraged from posting. He was encouraged to use the search engine. If every single person started a new thread/discussion on anything that pops into their head, then we'll end up with even more fragmented, incomplete and dead ended threads than we already have. You know, Twitter :D

I doubt the OP is a fragile teacup that is going to break because he found out he could have added to a previous discussion that other members took time to participate & contribute to.

Search results for query: Pen holder

Maybe Admin can merge this with the others?
I took your advice and searched for pen holder (which I already found so I don't know why I would keep looking, but I'll entertain for the moment).
I found, what was missing, easter eggs, and today I learned. Wait that's this one. This is getting redundant, like when you keep looking for something that you just found.
Sorry, I'm not sorry for sharing information with other New Soul owners like myself. Would it be too much if I asked you to screen my posts from now on, in an effort to avoid this kind of embarrassment again?
Side note: is there a thread to file complaints against the forum police or is it cool to start a new one?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
795 Posts
I took your advice and searched for pen holder (which I already found so I don't know why I would keep looking, but I'll entertain for the moment).
I found, what was missing, easter eggs, and today I learned. Wait that's this one. This is getting redundant, like when you keep looking for something that you just found.
Sorry, I'm not sorry for sharing information with other New Soul owners like myself. Would it be too much if I asked you to screen my posts from now on, in an effort to avoid this kind of embarrassment again?
Side note: is there a thread to file complaints against the forum police or is it cool to start a new one?
Don't be snarky as Geo is one of the more helpful members here. Several members have advised newer members the same thing about using search-no big deal. If you feel the need to complain, go ahead, I'm sure the Admin would tell you to try using search and read the new member section.

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX manual
177 Posts
Don't be snarky as Geo is one of the more helpful members here. Several members have advised newer members the same thing about using search-no big deal. If you feel the need to complain, go ahead, I'm sure the Admin would tell you to try using search and read the new member section.
I'm going to try this one last time ...

SuperBad found something in his 3 day old-to-him car that he didn't expect.. He posted about it. He was informed that he should have done an advanced search for "pen holder" and then he would have known.

Seriously - do you search "ice cream maker" when you get a new car just in case it comes with one you haven't found yet? Really?

Done here - too much rampant stupidity, no matter HOW helpful they may be at other times.

·
Registered
607 Posts
That is 100% accurate.

A lot of the old hands get weary of fielding the same questions and addressing the same issues time and time again where it is rather clear that the original poster (OP) has made no effort to search and read the already accumulated wisdom. And then over time, guess what happens, the old, knowledgeable, EXPERIENCED hands stop posting.

Perhaps nobody cares; perhaps social knowledge transmission is not that important. Perhaps what matters most is how an individual automobile owner feels about things and feels about self.

I will add one thing though. Searching a database with descriptors (index or search terms) is not a given; it is not necessarily easy. Some training, taught or self-taught helps. How many persons here have constructed functional relational databases? Not many I bet.

Personally I find searching the VerticalScope fora to be rather easy but it took some effort on my part to figure that out. Joining descriptors with a + sign really helps narrow down search results, for example.

Reactions: nick1946

·
Registered
207 Posts
Guys, come on, there was not question asked. He was just plainly stating that he found a cool feature. Honestly, not a single person needed to respond to this entire thread. It was just a statement.
How about a moderator lock this thread to prevent an argument. Points have been made. The OP was merely stating what he thought was a cool feature. Know what? It will probably happen again, with another feature, and another poster who is excited.

·
Registered
'18 Titanium Grey + (AT)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
😥. I'm going to cut the pen holder out. 😧 It's caused too much pain 😥😥
GeoSoul had welcomed me to the forum when I first joined and I can see that they are an active member of the community. I honestly appreciate all of the responses here as it's given me an opportunity to know each of you a little bit more than I did before.
I look forward to having more general discussion that will just as engaging as this one if not more.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,695 Posts
You really aren't getting this, are you? He didn't know there was a pen-holder, and found it by accident. Was happy.

How the heck was he going to even know to search for one?
You really like the drama. You do realize he posted after he knew it was a pen holder (see the pen in his pic). Right?

Of course he didn't know about it before he knew about it (that would be crazy). You've conflated the two but hey, good for you.

Reactions: nick1946

·
Registered
2020 LX IVT
80 Posts
You really aren't getting this, are you? He didn't know there was a pen-holder, and found it by accident. Was happy.

How the heck was he going to even know to search for one?
Somebody send GeoSoul a metalic lawn decoration dog to kick...

·
Registered
2020 LX IVT
80 Posts
The glovebox has a pen holder inside.

I was loving my Gen3 Soul until now that I realize they took this away...which explains how they kept the costs down on the new model. My pen gets lost in the console box, so after seeing yours I went frenzied onto Amazon and found a solution to keep me from trading my loved Gen3CVT for a Gen2Stick:
AmazonSmile: 8 Pcs Upgraded Leather Pen Holders for Notebooks, Adhesive Pen Elastic Loop for Journals, Calendars and Planners: Home Improvement

·
Registered
'18 Titanium Grey + (AT)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Nice find! I'm getting some to manage my USB cables.
Btw, your searching skills are impressive and inspiring.

·
Registered
492 Posts
🤣😂😆🤣. Ok TosenR. for you, it's a writing instrument holder.
I think it is far more versatile than just a writing instrument holder--jumbo straw holder, dowel holder, appropriate diameter/caliber bullet holder, tire pressure gauge holder....

I have found the pen/other holder to be extremely useful and handy. I always know where to find the pen in the Soul. I have to do some serious rummaging to find pens/pencils in our other vehicles--the items that I seek usually find their way into the deep recesses.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul ! 2.0gdi
133 Posts
I even put my pinky into mine, was a bit more difficult to drive that way, and my wife seemed a bit uncomfortable sitting in the passenger seat, but the feat was accomplished. Thanks for letting us know about this amazing versatile pen holder!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
795 Posts

This was started in Gen 1, maybe start one in Gen 2?

Reactions: GeoSoul
21 - 40 of 48 Posts