1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Brought my new Titanium sport M/T with sunroof home yesterday. Gave
it a good wash and turtle wax ice polish job today. Installed a hood
deflector......have the splash guards and sunroof deflector on order.

I was lucky to get the one I wanted......my dealer almost sold out with
the clunker deals. He said most of his buyers were old guys like me. :)

Sure is fun to drive. I'm hoping to get it set up to tow around the country
behind my motorhome next summer.

Does anybody know what the red lenses below the rear door are for? They
don't seem to do anything on mine.

Darrell

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Welcome from the Florida panhandle. The red lenses are reflecters and can be made operational for a fee. I think shark racing has the kit. The rest of the forum may have the original site.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Welcome from out of Holland.
We like pictures and stories about the Soul.

Crazy Dutchman

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

You must be a mind reader, as, just last night, I was looking at my Soul's butt, wondering if those little red reflectors lit up or ??? As usual, we got an answer here!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Towable?

We just bought and just joined the group. We currently tow a Ford Explorer behind our Diesel Pusher. I was curious about your comments of intending to tow your Soul. Is it towable because you got the manual our is the Soul automatic towable also? Any Mods to tow yours? Do you have to do a Remco pump or anything else?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In just the last few weeks, both Roadmaster and Blue-ox have made baseplates
for this vehicle. I have the manual transmission and as far as I know, it is the only
one towable. Not sure what the future might hold for the automatics. I don't have
any restrictions on towing except for possible warranty issues if something breaks.

I'm looking forward to someone completing and reporting on a complete setup, i.e
brakes, towbar, baseplate, and taillights.

Darrell

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Automatics you have to disconnect the driveshaft. You have to be able to cool the transmistion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blue Ox baseplate BX2715 is made for the Kia Soul 2010-2012. I just had one put on my 2010 Soul! manual transmission at a Blue Ox authorized installer. They had problems with the directions as some of the dimensions to cut were less than what was needed and some fabrication of parts was needed according to he the installer.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
Blue Ox baseplate BX2715 is made for the Kia Soul 2010-2012. I just had one put on my 2010 Soul! manual transmission at a Blue Ox authorized installer. They had problems with the directions as some of the dimensions to cut were less than what was needed and some fabrication of parts was needed according to he the installer.
you do realize that this thread is nearly three years old! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts