Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of tires do you guys have on your Souls? It's about time for me to replace mine again. Hopefully this time after I get my new set some idiot doesn't decide to total my car again.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,536 Posts
See my sig for my tire choice. Otherwise check TR or CR, any one of the top few tires in their comparisons will work out fine.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
747 Posts
Maybe you need to post in/read threads in the "Tire and Wheel section". I use Discount Tire for my needs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
...Hopefully this time after I get my new set some idiot doesn't decide to total my car again.

General Altimax RT43

Bought a set, three months later guy ran a red light and totaled my car.

I spent hours on TireRack.com looking at test charts, reading reviews, etc and for the price I was not finding a better all around performing / all season tire.

In addition - of importance to me it came in a 51psi max inflation option (versus the standard 44psi max inflation option) and the tire is non-directional (had directional / uni-directional tires once, will never do that again).

Here are some bookmarks I saved

TireRack.com - Defining Value in Grand Touring All-Season Tires

TireRack.com - The Give and Take of All-Season Tires

TireRack.com - The Sporty Side of Comfort: Testing the Newest Grand Touring All-Season Tires

·
Registered
72 Posts
Michelin CrossClimate+ replaced the OE tires. They hug the road. Expensive.
X2. Great tire, excellent grip, no hydroplaning. Slightly noisier that OE tires, due to tread pattern. Yes, expensive; but can one really assign a dollar value to confidence and safety? (y)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed NOKIAN WRG4 All-Weathers 215/55R17 94V on my 2017.
Saves changing tires in the spring and fall.
Winter rated yet able to run year round.
Close to 110,000 km tread life rating.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Installed a set of BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sports 215/55R17 94V about a year and a half ago on my 2016 +. Grips well, no hydroplaning. Rated 60,000 miles. Decent tire at a decent price.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm using the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady these days as three-season tires. No complaints. They handle well in all weather I've tested them in, and have a 3PMSF rating for severe weather.

I still use studded snow tires for the coldest months, but the WeatherReady tires give me some extra confidence for those unexpected blizzards we tend to get around here in the spring and fall.

Richard

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm using the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady these days as three-season tires. No complaints. They handle well in all weather I've tested them in, and have a 3PMSF rating for severe weather.

I still use studded snow tires for the coldest months, but the WeatherReady tires give me some extra confidence for those unexpected blizzards we tend to get around here in the spring and fall.

Richard
I put these on my Soul as well. Expensive, but good going thru mountains.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Currently using whatever Nexan tires came on my Soul. Next set will be Goodyear. Mostly because my Step-father retired from a division of Goodyear so I get to use his employee discount :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm still on the stock Nexen CP671. They have 25K miles on them and have about 8/32-9/32 tread remaining. I like that the treads seem to be wearing surprisingly well; zero issues with their grip and noise. Very smooth tire IMO. Some other Soul owners can't stand them, but I'm perfectly happy with them :)

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl ~56K km (35K miles) Michelin CrossClimate tires
145 Posts
@Hank3: The stock tires drift really well on fast corners! They are indeed quiet.

Probably not very good in heavy rains or snow.

So you only have 25,000 miles on a 2014 Soul? Impressive.

·
Registered
517 Posts
@Hank3: The stock tires drift really well on fast corners! They are indeed quiet.

Probably not very good in heavy rains or snow.

So you only have 25,000 miles on a 2014 Soul? Impressive.
We do get some torrential downpour here in North FL and the tires have performed OK, but I try to drive with care and tone down the aggression during those occasions.

Full disclosure regarding the mileage: I purchased it in March 2017 with 3K miles on it. The previous owner was an elderly lady who said there was an odd AC smell that Kia could not replicate. She threatened to take Kia to court; Kia didn't wan tot deal with it any longer and bought it back (AKA Lemon but absolutely nothing wrong with the vehicle), and passed on the savings to me! I've averaged 7K miles a year since then.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl ~56K km (35K miles) Michelin CrossClimate tires
145 Posts
We do get some torrential downpour here in North FL and the tires have performed OK, but I try to drive with care and tone down the aggression during those occasions.

Full disclosure regarding the mileage: I purchased it in March 2017 with 3K miles on it. The previous owner was an elderly lady who said there was an odd AC smell that Kia could not replicate. She threatened to take Kia to court; Kia didn't wan tot deal with it any longer and bought it back (AKA Lemon but absolutely nothing wrong with the vehicle), and passed on the savings to me! I've averaged 7K miles a year since then.
1. Congrats for a good deal!

2. You have conditions similar to those in Pacific NW/British Columbia coast. Heavy rains probably scare me more than anything, more so than mud, compact snow, deep snow, slush, ice or black ice. Slowing down helps as does pre-committing to a strategy of not panicking and swerving when the vehicle hydroplanes. (In passing, I am pre-committed to hitting animals on the road as opposed to swerving off the road or rolling the vehicle.)

Heavy rains are why we purchase expensive tires with good water shedding ability. The Michelin family has offered a number of stellar candidates over the years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts