11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I have a
2013 kia soul +
2.0l engine
automatic
16inch tires.

I had a 2010 kia rio that i traded in for this soul when it was brand new I also had a spare tire for the rio thats never been used but not sure if it would fit the soul.

i don't care if it is not what should be on the soul. I have antohe tire (spare for the soul) but when put in the storage area its too big and causes everything to be off or lifted up. I was thinking if this smaller tire would fit it fits in the hole fine and i'd keep that in the soul for a spare tire. i think its a 185/75/15 i boaught it from kia for really cheap off a demo car.

thanks
ryan

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
If the tire is from 2010 then it is stale dated and should replaced.
Pat.

·
Registered
452 Posts
the 185/75r15 is close if not correct. it's the lug pattern that matters. According to the picture on Kia rio it's a four lug and the Soul is a five, if correct that won't work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello thanks for the replies. guess i'll have to just check, think the rim itself has more holes than that either vehicle needs think its a universal rim so i'd have to just check. the tire itself was purchased in 2012 late, i know thats 9 years old on its own but still looks in perfect condition, no dry rot, etc.

heck i've been given older tires at used vehicle shops than that, of course thats always why i don't buy used tires anymore.

thanks again

ryan

·
Registered
452 Posts
I will say I did some checking for myself. I have an 11+ R16 alloy. Those do fit round inside the spare well but at 6.5in wide the foam cargo tray doesn't sit flush. Online has new R15 steel and used R16 alloy $60 each. add a tire and mount to that. the full spare kit new can be found about $150. I've seen used spare rim with tire or new never been used spare rim only either way between $25 and $50. all that is matching factory offsets. If you're willing to take what you find there are savings to be had. attached technical info from wheel-size.com for reference.
IMG_20191211_114120.jpg
IMG_20191211_130112.jpg
IMG_20191211_130058.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts