Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am trying to get everyone's opinion on what kind of tires (BEST TIRES) I should get! So I live in Bullhead City, AZ. For those of you that don't know it's a very HOT PLACE. Never rains much nor does it snow here! So I guess I am looking for the best kind of tires for FUEL EFFICIENCY and ones that will last a very long time! So can I get some expertise for all my KIA SOUL LOVERS?

Thank you and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

· Registered
1,938 Posts
General AltiMax RT43 is a popular tire that gets good reviews and I put them on both of my Souls back in April. They’re pretty quiet, fuel economy hasn’t changed, and they perform well on both dry and wet roads, and supposedly do good in the snow too, but you don’t have to worry about that. They are a heck of a lot better than the stock Nexens that were on it.

• Helpful
Reactions: GeoSoul

· Registered
1,938 Posts
Do you think they have these at WALMART?
They might. You can call and ask. I got mine at an independent tire shop. General had a rebate and the shop had a sale. All 4 tires, mounting and balancing “back then” was just under $500 but I know the prices have gone up, like with everything else.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They might. You can call and ask. I got mine at an independent tire shop. General had a rebate and the shop had a sale. All 4 tires, mounting and balancing “back then” was just under $500 but I know the prices have gone up, like with everything else.
Well I am going to WALMART to get my tires so I will mention them about these and see what they recommend. WALMART HERE has GOOD PRICES.

· Registered
2014 1.6l manual
878 Posts
Well I am going to WALMART to get my tires so I will mention them about these and see what they recommend. WALMART HERE has GOOD PRICES.
Order from Walmart.com and have them shipped to your local Walmart for installation. Don't know if it makes a difference but I only order tires sold and shipped by Walmart.com and not a seller on Walmart.com.

Can filter tire search results by checking the Retailer box to only show Walmart.com

I had the General AltiMAX RT43 and my previous car and ordered them through Walmart.com. Prices have gone up some for that model tire.

For the size to fit my Kia Soul: September of 2021 the H rated, T rated, and V rated of the AltiMAX RT43 were selling for $103.99, $105.99, and $106.99 respectively on Walmart.com. All three now selling for $129.99.

· Registered
2014 White Exclaim Tallahassee, FL
832 Posts

· Registered
2016 Soul !
261 Posts
I got a set of Goodyear Reliant tires (235/45/18) in November 2021 from Walmart (pre BF sale) for $430 (included mounting and balancing). They have been really good tires for FL weather. Here was the review that I read prior to purchasing:

That was an awesome price if they are good tires (y)

· Registered
98 Posts
Hello everyone I am trying to get everyone's opinion on what kind of tires (BEST TIRES) I should get! So I live in Bullhead City, AZ. For those of you that don't know it's a very HOT PLACE. Never rains much nor does it snow here! So I guess I am looking for the best kind of tires for FUEL EFFICIENCY and ones that will last a very long time! So can I get some expertise for all my KIA SOUL LOVERS?

Thank you and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
in my opinion Hankook Radial Tire is good in hot climate.

· Registered
2014 White Exclaim Tallahassee, FL
832 Posts
If you're a Walmart + Member, they currently have their BF promotion on Goodyear Reliant and Cooper Evolution tires that includes $20 off per tire and free Install/Wheel Balance:

LINK

· Registered
35 Posts
I have Coopers on our 2014 Soul Exclaim. They are great all weather tires and last forever. I will say that these cars create a lot of road noise and tires amplify it. I’m looking for a softer compound tire next time that hopefully will be quieter.

· Registered
2014 Kia Soul + 2L
8 Posts
I've had great luck with my Continental True Contact tires on my 2014 Kia Soul. They ride quite nice and handle so well, I almost feel like I'm driving a sports sedan.:p I think they would even be adequate for occasional driving in snowy conditions. They have had very good ratings on Tire Rack.

· Registered
35 Posts
A "long time" is kind of irrelevant when you live in a hot climate. I live in Tucson where it also
gets very hot. All the tire dealers tell people our tires should be changed every 5-6 years. Apparently they start disintegrating on the inside but can look good on the outside. I recently replaced my original tires on my 2017 Soul.

I have been happy with Discount Tire and went with their Arizonian model. They are made by
Cooper for Discount Tire. I will definitely run out of time and not come anywhere close to the
mileage guarantee so spending more money for more miles doesn't work for me. Had this same tire on my Trailblazer for the full time and had no issues. Unfortunately, as with everything, prices have gone up.

· Registered
1,938 Posts
How is the road noise with the cross climates?

I was considering those tires when I got new ones back in April but had concerns of them having too much road noise because of that tread pattern and went with General Altimax RT43 instead.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts