Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to remove this panel, and I'm a bit stumped how to do it without damage.

I've read this page a few times, and studied the little illustrations:
Kia Soul: Center Fascia Panel Replacement - Crash Pad - Body (Interior and Exterior) - Kia Soul 2014-2017 PS Service Manual

It shows where there are the different clips holding the fascia in place, but I can't get my panel remover levers in any of the seams. I'm wondering if there's a trick to it, or some special place to start?

Folks who've replaced their stereos, how'd you get that panel off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I used a couple of old credit cards and jammed them in the gaps and it came out easy. In the picture the arrow points to "A", that's a good spot to start, or on the other side.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,415 Posts
You definitely want to invest in a set of plastic pry tools. They're cheap at places like Harbour Freight (like under $10).

A mixed pack with various size pry bars is a must have for DIY projects unless you want to scratch the heck out of the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies!

I do have a couple sets of the plastic pry bars but even the smallest ones, I can't wedge into the seams. Maybe I'm not putting enough force into it but I don't want to damage things.

I'll try using some old credit cards to get started, thanks for that tip!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,415 Posts
This guy kinda shows pry points. Good luck with your project!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts