Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
7,311 Posts
Mykole, did you send Soul4U a private message asking him how much you should be paying for a 2U ? Contact him. Rob is his name and he is a Kia Sales manager. He owns a Soul and he's sold many Souls to people here on the Forums. He'll give you the bottom line price of what you should be paying for the 2U Soul. Give him a shot. You have nothing to lose. You don't have to come here to Toronto to buy from him. He'll just give you the bottom line price so you can use it as leverage against your nasty Kia manager.

· Registered
7,311 Posts
Keep in mind that ,yes the U.S. price on their Souls is much lower than Canadian prices. But what you don't understand, they don't have as much standard options that the Canadian Souls have. The U.S do not have roof racks, they do not have side repeater lights, running day lights seat warmers just to name a few on their standard base models or even higher models and these jack the price up.

I say if the US consumers can get the SOUL for under $15000 a lot of the time with their rebates, and other tricks, then I might as well try to get it down as low as possible.

· Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,175 Posts
Marc, I just logged on to catch up on what was happening and was just about to pose the same two question you just did - great minds think alike :D

· Registered
8,357 Posts
if the US model is cheaper and you dont mind losing some of the toys, whats to stop you crossing the border and bringing one back?....... we did that when european cars were cheaper than ours.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Crossing the border would be the best option if it wasn't for the price of gas, and me being a university student and all. and yes I sent a message to SOUL4U. sadly, it was practically the same price the mean manager quoted.

It just seems difficult to get anyone to budge. Invoice: $18 575 aprox. I wouldn't mind paying something near that but sadly it's probably not going to happen.

and now im just very annoyed with buying from this dealer. the salesman as nice as he was, was really just pretending to play good cop and the manager being bad cop. I almost fell for it until I realized it last night. Plus all they want is to talk to my mom just so they can get the money out of her, but I don't want her to go until they give me quote or a deal. They're not going to do that, and the salesman called me this morning (which is a kind of a good sign cause he wants me in the dealership) but I had to tell him upfront "we cannot afford the car and we will not be buying it any time soon". After telling me that they may have a blowout sale today (decided on this morning so just another trick to get me down) and trying to sell me the Forte, I finally got him to accept the fact that I cannot afford their prices.

so now i'm at this position where I feel that getting a deal could either be easy or difficult. If the salesman really wanted my money, he will call again and actually give me a quote. But since I really want the car, I may bring my mom in and that will give them the idea that I'm extremely desperate for the car leaving me in a bad position of power. OHHHH life.

· Registered
7,311 Posts
Mykole. You're putting too much into this. Your mom cannot be that gullible that she'll jump at the managers price and accept it. Come on. Give your more credit.
Go with your mom, tell her to keep her mouth shut on any prices he may offer until you give her the YES signal. See what they have to offer you. If it's still not to your liking, then tell them..sorry guy but I'm out of here and will NOT be coming back. Give them a price of $18000 that you want to pay, they'll stick to their $21000. then tell them "we'll meet you halfway or the deal is off and simply walk away, go to the used car lot and pick yourself a used civic....

Then, we'll see you on here again in a few months...

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
thank you. I am not one to give up however, so we'll see what happens on Tuesday when I actually have time to hit all 3 dealers in one day! Thank you for all your advice and support though!

· Registered
7,311 Posts
Yeah but tempest, he'll have to pay all the taxes when he comes back to Canada. And beside, it will have to undergo some refitting. The Canadian bumper strength is slightly higher than in the U.S. Here in Canada, they rig up the bumper to survive a 5 mi/h impact where as in the US, they only go 3mi/h or something like that. I know that we have higher numbers than the States. Not much difference but they are really anal about it.

So a $15,000 US Soul could cost him more than the $21,000 they are asking here.

· Registered
15,175 Posts
also beside what Marc just mentioned, its subject to 6.1% duty because its not manufactured in North America. The MSRP difference between a US Soul + and CDN 2u with auto is $3300, he will also be missing various items, such as roof rails, heated seats, heated outside mirrors, side fender repeater lights and carpet floor mats which would be standard on the Canadian model.
But having said all that, its highly unlikely that a US dealer would sell him one in the US as he does not have a US residence (they've been cracking down on this from a similar situation a few years back), also Kia Canada will not honour the warranty when purchased this way, so he would have to drive back to the US to get any, if at all. He could also loose further when he comes to resell it as it will be a US unit.
He will also have to have cash in hand as it won't be able to get any special pricing. Kia Canada offers better incentives that its US counterpart. He was after 0% financing for 60 months, not available in the US (0.9% for 36 months), also Kia Canada is giving $2000 discount on the base model and $1500 off on the 2u auto for cash purchase, (Kia Canada is doing this to help offset the difference) again not available in the US. They do offer some minor incentives but only if you qualify.
He will also have various other costs like meals, hotel rooms, etc to go and get the vehicle. So do you think he`s going to save anything, if he thinks its a bit rough with the sales manager, wait till he does something like that.

The general consensus is that if you don`t save at lease $5000 its not worth the hassle.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
lol no I'm 18. but the problem is these guys keep telling me they don't want to talk until my mom is with me because they know mom is the one with the money paying for it. like i said, I keep telling them "just give me quote with all the deals so I can tell her the price" and they just keep saying "it's best if your mom is here so we can talk how she wants to pay." "and i was like no just please give me a quote" and they were like "sorry, but it's best your mom was here."

so yah, Tuesday me and my mom are heading out to all 3 dealers and see which one is best suited for us (money wise and customer service). It's funny though, cause I emailed one dealer and got a call from another and they both promise that I won't be treated like a fool like the first dealer is doing to me. So, we'll see how good they are with their acting.

· Registered
15,175 Posts
Oh conwelpic, I didn't know that there was $1500 incentive for the 2U auto. Thanks for the info! All I see is $2000 on the base model, so I wasn't well informed on that.
you can check this all out at
Price your Kia
but be aware that if you want the 0% over 60 months you only get a $500 incentive, $1500 is for a cash purchase, its all provided on this site for any Kia model.

Good luck with your negotiations and keep let us know your outcome no matter what the outcome. Don't judge one dealer or one person as being representative of all the others.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
hey have any of you used car cost canada? I just signed up for a membership, omg so pricey but i think it will be worth it cuz i was able to find a Kia dealership with two reviews that said that the dealership accepted the car cost canada report and was able to give the buyers a lot off the MSRP after all the incentives and such.

I have one question though. I think I read somewhere that the factory to consumer incentive should be taken after tax. does this mean after the freight and A/C taxes? or after the GST tax?

Like i think it might be GST, but then that wouldn't make much sense because the GST has to be on the price I paid...so if I do GST and then take the consumer rebate after, that wouldn't be the price I paid?

· Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Car cost Canada will cost you more than what I suggested you fight for because it is a set 4%-6% over invoice. Just find a dealer that will sell you at invoice +300. All the other information I gave you is correct.

invoice x4% = $743 over cost. this does not include financing incentive.

· Registered
8,357 Posts
Mykole......I think its time to get out there and see how near you can get to the target. You never quite know what you may come up with. Good luck from me, see you on here if you do get one.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.