Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there!
10730-tibosoulchina-albums-my-chinese-soul-picture9559-soul-2011-07-27-coming-back-kias-dealer-o.jpg

My name is Thibault, 25 years old, French.
I'm leaving in China since 2010 and I'm working for a french company in Ningbo (Zhejiang, south of Shanghai).
I am a young mechanical engineer (specialized in automobile) and currently Supply Chain Manager in a small factory producing accessories for truck and trailers.

I bought my Soul in July 2011.
It has a 1.6l engine, manual transmission and Vanilla Shake color and I really like it!
The "youth"-design and the color are making this car nearly fabulous.
The 1.6 engine is enough here in China, where the highway speed limit is 120km/h. (but most of them are only 100...)
I've reached 15K kms for its 6 months anniversary! So I planed a 25K/30K for this 1st year ! !

I've done really small mods yet:

Removal of Chinese characters "DongFengQiYa.XuiEr" / "Donfeng-Kia . Soul"
Because the car already has both KIA and Soul logo...
(I've repass the Chinese driving license, so I used this ugly yellow back-sticker for a while^^)
PXR_DSC03245b.jpg
...but now, chineses asked me sometimes which car it is... ha ha

Front sticker
PXR_DSC03249.jpg

3rd brake-light decal
PXR_DSC03260.jpg

Windows rain-deflectors
HeadLight black-panels
P291111_12c.jpg

I'm planning to add a CAI and a "Burner" style front-grille...
I was also looking for a 1.6l exhaust-manifold but finally, I don't think it's usefull on this kind of small engines...

Hope we will share informations!
See ya !

Thibault

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Welcome from the UK.... you will have to meet up with Vhinx, our other China Soul.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts

Welcome from sunny San Diego, California USA. Do they have KIA dealers in China then? Where did you buy your Soul and where do you take it for servicing?

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
They build Kia Soul in China..... they just have a different grille design visually.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,173 Posts
Howdy and welcome! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks good ! what is that treatment along the bottom edge of the body - is that factory ?
All the black trims came with the "gift"-package when you buy a Soul in China^^
-Front/Back Bumper
-Front/Back "spoilers" on the bottom
-the 2 sides bottom-trims
-Rear Spoiler on the back-door
-The "flower" fuel-cap cover

I also saw this kit on the chinese eBay (Taobao.com) and on the Korean brochure (but like chinese, can't understand if it's accessories or gift also...)

I bought the "headlight black-trims"* on Taobao for 80rmb.

*I'm sorry but my english is not perfect at all...

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
All the black trims came with the "gift"-package when you buy a Soul in China^^

I bought the "headlight black-trims"* on Taobao for 80rmb.

*I'm sorry but my english is not perfect at all...
no need at all to apologize for your "english" - it's a thousand times better than most of us speak french -

a request - the next time you have your camera out to photograph your soul, would you please include some close up shots of the "gift package" black trim - what we've seen so far looks quite interesting -

thank you !

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bienvenue! Je suis de vancouver, canada. Mon français n'est pas très bon, mais félicitations sur la nouvelle Soul!!!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Correction for the China Soul Owners.

The European Burner Grille will not fit your cars. Apparently the China Soul have a larger opening. Sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Correction for the China Soul Owners.

The European Burner Grille will not fit your cars. Apparently the China Soul have a larger opening. Sorry.
Yes, Vhinx told me he get one... can't match.
IMAG0128.jpg

(2010-2011) US/EU Soul Grille : 700mm x 115mm
2010-2011 Chinese Soul Grille : 700mm x 130mm
(Have to change all the front bumper... and don't even know if the fixture-points, fog-lights, etc... match...)
... Really, what's wrong with Kia-China ! The only Soul with different Grille ! The Korean-one is exactly like the US and EU model !
Vhinx and I are sooOOooo disappointed...

But I'll take off my grill soon, look what we can do by ourself...
The "shining" parts looks too huge for me... maybe can take it off and mill it a little to make it looks like a Burner stylish one...
(wish me good luck !)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts