Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What added accessory is your favorite?
which did not live up to your expectations?
any you really wish you had gotten?
any you reject getting?
which is your most useful?
which is just plain most fun?

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
my favourite accessory, is the cargo tray which I purchased at the time I picked up the car. Works great with the high sides so no spilled liquid can go off the sides and extremely flexible, so easy access to the cargo storage under the rear floor.

next purchase was these side window visors, which are great for me as it allows me to leave the windows open a bit and not have to worry if it rains (eg: parking the car outside overnight in the warm weather) also great in hot temperatures where the heat can dissipate a bit as I can leave all the windows open a bit and it looks like there are not.

Also at the same time I got the front hood deflector (I would have got it installed at the time of purchase, but because the 2012 hood was shaped different to the previous model, it was not available). Both these items I got with my Rewards Points so basically didn't cost me anything. I had the dealer install them, but they are easy to do it yourself.

then as soon as possible I got a set of all weather floor mats. Usually use the standard carpet floor mats in the good weather and switch to these for winter.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I like the clear bra that I had put on my entire front end at a local detail shop. I was so paranoid about chips until I put that on.

I also like the cargo tray in the back and the Weathertech floor mats I got.

I like the Kia interior foot well and cupholder light kit that came with the car unexpectedly. Adds a mood to the inside.

And I love my world's best pet hammock and door protectors so my dogs can't do any damage in the rear:
http://www.kiasoulforums.com/26-soul-accessories/31721-worlds-best-pet-hammock.html
Photos in the Soul: http://www.kiasoulforums.com/26-soul-accessories/31721-worlds-best-pet-hammock-2.html#post572729

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
The Kia nose guard is one of the most utilitarian of all my add-ons, but not the most fun.

Of everything I've added to my little car, my center arm rest, which I made myself, is the most useful.

Next would have to be the driver's side arm rest. Both work to make my driving experience a lot more comfortable.
I didn't have to buy anything to make these two arm rests. I just used materials that I already had on hand.
Faux fur may look 60'ish to some, but it's very comfortable, cool in the summer and warm in the winter, and always comfy. :)

My Seat Belt Extenders would have to also be in the top five of my favorite add-ons.
They make buckling up a SNAP! :)

Somewhere in that top five list is my Curt Trailer Hitch. I use it at least once a week.

Happy Holidays!

:cool:

·
Registered
171 Posts
My rear cargo net would probably at the top of the list, so far. holds groceries and more importantly, a growler fits perfectly in the left pocket. The red LED cup holder lights would be next. Hoping the leather steering wheel cover will be worth the price once I put it on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Favorites are probably the door handle and under door puddle lights. They took the most time to install, but I smile every time I see them at night.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'd have to say steering wheel cover ( stitched on ) ( see recent post ) as my favorite so far then my 3M clear paint protector, aftermarket wheels 3rd, Weathertech floormats 4th.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Details and pictures of these puddle lights, please. I'm out of projects and this sounds like something useful to add.
thanks
--Michael

Favorites are probably the door handle and under door puddle lights. They took the most time to install, but I smile every time I see them at night.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Front Strut bar (Tower Bar) probably my favorite and OEM mud flaps.
Cargo net works well but gets in the way of loading things like wood pellet bags etc.. so I tend to leave it off mostly. I'm sure it will be handy at times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These are my first two accessories. Dash cover and steering wheel cover. A cargo net came with the car. I want to get seat covers that match the steering wheel cover.
I am also wanting some sort of front end cover and mud guards.
I like the puddle lights and those fun interior lights.
my favorite is the light up door soils :)

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
I didn't add it, it came with the car....but my backup camera is an accessory I can not live without. If anyone is looking at a new Soul and wondering if they should spring for this option, I say DO IT!

·
Registered
246 Posts
The rubber cargo tray that came with is awesome. It's a toss up between that and the back seat pet cover.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Weather Tech floor liners for the front, then Philips daytime running lights, then trailer hitch. I use them all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts