Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this is silly but I wanted to share. Since we got our new Soul about a month ago we've noticed just how many Souls there are out there. Similar to "slug bug" my family has taken to calling "k, k, kia" anytime we see a Soul on the road or in a parking lot.

When pulling into the grocery store this afternoon there was a nice spot up close but even better yet we found this.

Attachments

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
with nearly 900,000 sold in the US since the Soul was introduced its not surprising. :applouse:

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,606 Posts
Man, 2017 is well represented in that pic. Unless those are EVs?

Great photo.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Wow, how rare. A surviving K-Mart :)
uh! you must be looking a totally different photo to me, as it says Walmart on that building in the first post - time to clean those glasses, or maybe get some :sneakiness:

·
Registered
7,606 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
:ridiculed: :redface:

But I am blind to WalMart. Have sworn I will never again pass through their doors. I will spare you the long story about how they tried to have my dead wife arrested.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
:ridiculed: :redface:

But I am blind to WalMart. Have sworn I will never again pass through their doors. I will spare you the long story about how they tried to have my dead wife arrested.
Alright Jay, you can't leave a cliffhanger like that. DO TELL!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
K-Mart ain't dead yet, but with with Sears threatening to close up shop, they may well be in the not too distant future.

But, it's not unusual for me to park next to another Soul, wherever I go. Four in a row is not so common, but it does happen.
They are like sheep, they do seem to like to flock together. lol

:cool:

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
What's a flock of hamsters called?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Really Jay??? Unless you got the United Airline treatment and settled out of court, signing the non-disclosure agreement, please provide more info.
We had recently moved to Illinois for work. My wife was dying of cancer that had spread to her brain. One night, someone broke into my car and stole a checkbook for our bank account in Colorado. I wasn't actively using the account and was unaware the checks had been stolen until we started receiving bounce notices. The thief had a fake drivers license made and managed to write nearly $4000 in checks to Best Buy, Home Depot, Target and Wal Mart. $1800 of that cleared my bank, $500 went through overdraft protection and the rest bounced.

I immediately reported this to the police and my bank. The bank froze the account, forgave the overdraft and together we sent out notices to the affected merchants. Everyone except Wal Mart not only wrote off the bounced checks, but also refunded for the checks that cleared. I went and visited Wal Mart and was called a thief. A week later, I received notice from the DA that I must repay Wal Mart and attend bad check classes. I took an afternoon off work and showed the DA my evidence. The DA dismissed the charges. 3 days later Wal Mart refiled. I called the DA and the charges were dropped a second time. At this point, my wife died and we headed back to Colorado for 5 days for services and to scatter her ashes. I came back to find a new notice. I took another day off of work, pointedly asked the DA why he was willing to refile these notices after I had explained. Ended up issuing a cease and desist order.

Three days later, there was a knock on my door and the sheriff was there with an arrest warrant for my wife. I said, just a minute, went into the bedroom and returned with her urn. Handed it to the deputy and said "good luck getting the cuffs on". I gave him a copy of the death certificate. The next morning I went to the courthouse and took out a cease and desist order for my wife, knowing that otherwise they would file a claim against the estate. I ended up eating the $900 from the Wal Mart checks that actually cleared.

A few days later, I called the TV stations and cut up my sams club card on their doorstep in front of the cameras. I have not stepped in a Wal Mart since.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Sorry for your loss Jay. That's an incredible story & disappointing how heartless Walmart was to you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts