Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup guys, I have a 2013 kia soul base and I am lookin to go wider on my rims/tire. I want to go as wide as possible with out rubbing thinking about putting 17-18in rims on my car but dont know how wide i want to go. Any one know whats the limit and whats the stock width?

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Wassup guys, I have a 2013 kia soul base and I am lookin to go wider on my rims/tire. I want to go as wide as possible with out rubbing thinking about putting 17-18in rims on my car but dont know how wide i want to go. Any one know whats the limit and whats the stock width?
Stock 18" is 7.5 on the 2013 (235/45-18 Tires)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
With a 7.5 wide wheel,you cannot go to a overly wide tire.Rubbing will not be a factor since the wheel gap
is huge on a Soul.Best bet is a 18" wheel.You'll have a bit harder ride but they will look good.I'd suggest not going
a +1 or +2 with your tires as the sidewall will be smaller thus giving you more wheel gap.In addition,you go to a
larger aftermarket economy wheel with larger tire,its gonna give more weight and slow down your vehicle.
Whats your budget?If funds are not a factor,get light weight wheels.You may want to consider spacers to move
your wheels out some .This will give you a wider track look.

·
Registered
479 Posts
as long as you are fine with losing a lot of power and MPG, then go wider! Otherwise, stay where you are. I added wider rime and tires on my spectra and the power and mpg dropped drastically. When you add that extra rotational mass and more grip on the road, its harder for the car to push/roll the wheels and therefore makes the car work much harder and you'll see a big sacrifice. I wouldn't go any wider than 7". But if you are fine with all that, then make sure you have a very low offset, that will push your rim out further so you can go wider without rubbing. If this is the route you're going, do yourself a huge favor and do a lot of reading first. Check out more stance websites and do a lot of reading before you waste a bunch of money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts