Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

381 - 392 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sometimes the small things are the best surprises. I didn’t know till today that the base of the cup holder in the console lifts out for cleaning.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Two posts in a row, I must really be a dumb ****! Always been nervous about the 'low battery warning' message, so never sat in the car with the radio on and the engine off, BUT just discovered park the car (motor off) a light press on the starter button and the radio returns!! Never seen a mention of this in the book!

·
Registered
242 Posts
When the remote access button is set for two presses to open all doors, when using the key to unlock doors the key must be turned twice. "IF" the remote is set so unlock of all doors is with one click of remote then turning key is lock will also only need to be turned one time and unlock all doors.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Several of the recent posts, here in the Gen 1 forum, DO NOT apply to my Gen 1 Soul. They might better apply if posted in the Gen 2 forum.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I've mentioned this problem of Gen 2 answers to problems in the Gen 1 forum NOT necessarily applying to Gen 1 Souls several times with little or no effect.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 Souls are not exactly the same car.

Thank You,
:cool:

·
Registered
242 Posts
With so many posts I would bet someone has mentioned this before but I just saw it in action today. Every night I would walk to the door, hit the lock button to make sure I didn't hit the unlock button by mistake while remote is in my pocket. today, I knew the car was unlocked so I pressed the lock button, car locks. While in the driveway I was playing with the dog so unlocked the door to get something out. I kept playing with the dog and before I could get the car opened I heard the doors re-lock themselves. ..... that means that if I accidently lay on the unlock button but do not go outside and open the door it will re-lock automatically and I don't have to double check for locked doors before going to bed. Sweet!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Just ONE of the many nifty little features of the Kia Soul.

But did you know:

On all cars today, at least in the USA, there is at least one O2 (oxygen) sensor. And on many cars there are TWO. I've heard of some cars (V6's and V8's) having three or more.

And that's all well and good, but....a brand new O2 sensor will cause the new engine to run a little bit on the lean side. Good for the gas mileage.
But as the sensor ages, like around 60 to 80K miles, it will begin to run the engine richer and richer, cutting both the gas mileage and the performance.
So the bottom line is....after 60k miles, for best performance, Change the O2 Sensor(s).

I'll be going to my dealership this week, and I'm going to ask them for a quote on replacing the O2 sensor(s) on my Soul. I may even ask several of the nearby dealers for a quote, and see who will give me the best deal.

Happy Trails, Mates!
FL Hamster :cool:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Addendum:

I was at my Kia Dealership today and I priced the two O2 sensors that my Soul would require, and the price for the two is over $300.

So I went to 'Rock Auto' to see how much they would cost there. Well, the price is about 1/3 of what Kia wants, which is better, but still over $110 which I really don't like.

While reading the specs on the replacement O2 sensors, I found out that the new style, 'Heated' sensors are good for around 100,000 miles. So I guess I'm good for another 40k miles.

That's great news, because I really can't afford to fork over $110 for new O2 sensors right now.

Tomorrow morning, my little gal will get her 20th Oil Change. It's a landmark event....60k miles!
My Bumper to Bumper warranty is officially OVER. But I've still got another 40k miles left on the Power Train Warranty.

Happy Trails, Mates!
:cool:

381 - 392 of 392 Posts