Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

341 - 360 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
It doesn't say "jukebox" or even "uvo." It says CD, MP3, Sirius Radio.

I assumed that meant it had an MP3 but the owners manual doesn't describe that and it does not prompt me to import a CD when I insert it.
all that means is that it will play MP3 format. For example you can burn a bunch of mp3 tacks onto a CD and it will play them with no problem. So instead of the normal 10 tracks on a CD you could fit maybe a 100 or more depending on your conversion process - but a flash drive is far easier, more compact and simpler and cheaper.

I suspect yours looks more like this:

·
Registered
54 Posts
This may have been posted if so I missed it, I have noticed that ever time I fuel up the MPG clears and starts over, I don't know if the fuel gauge that does this when it hits the f mark or something else but I have to say it's a neat deal.

Walt

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
This may have been posted if so I missed it, I have noticed that ever time I fuel up the MPG clears and starts over, I don't know if the fuel gauge that does this when it hits the f mark or something else but I have to say it's a neat deal.
been like that for years, it does that on my 2012 model.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts

Walt
So does the Range (miles to empty) number.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trapped in the rear hatch, there is cover you can remove at the base of the rear hatch with a manual release behind it....don't ask how I know this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't read all of the manual either.. What I'M trying to find out is how do I turn down the dash lights at night..They way to brite for me..anyone having that problem os is just me???

·
Registered
546 Posts
on 2011's there is a roller knob on the dash, left side of the column. Rolling it up is brighter, down is dimmer.
in the green circle on the left.

dashgc.jpg

this should be a 2013 dash, pulled the pic from the net.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Yes,,, Thank you... I didn't look close enough..

I'm learning alot on this ride... I call it "the Rat Ride"..
Hi Rusty,

The dash light dimmer is located to the lower left of the steering wheel on the dash. It's next to the ESC switch. They are rocker switches.

Ok, I'll bite.......why the RAT RIDE?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

Walt
Well contrary to the other posts, my 2014 Exclaim does not reset any of the readings except miles to empty. MPG, MPH, trip 1, trip 2, running hours all are only reset if I manually reset them.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Washington State Ferries

For those of you who may ride a Wasington State Ferry, you can get a lower passage rate because of your Kia Soul.

Vehicles under 168" qualify, but you need to ask for it. Souls are 163".

I saved almost $8 on my last round trip.

This.......I did not know :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I buy my ferry ticket I say, senior under 14. I get this "huh" expression then they look me and the car over, smile and give me the senior and the under 14 ft discount. Definitely a good deal.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
When I buy my ferry ticket I say, senior under 14. I get this "huh" expression then they look me and the car over, smile and give me the senior and the under 14 ft discount. Definitely a good deal.
Haha CJ, that's a good one. Nice work on getting a double discount too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Rusty,

The dash light dimmer is located to the lower left of the steering wheel on the dash. It's next to the ESC switch. They are rocker switches.

Ok, I'll bite.......why the RAT RIDE?

Well i thought that "gerbil ride "was a little screwy so they are all rodents or Rats for short..

I also have a Honda road bike that I named " The Hussie"

Any body need a set of Mud Guards. Have a new set the wife got me, she didn't know that I had already bought some.. I'd post in classified but they won't let me,, Didn't pay the fee yet..

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The premium features continue to amaze me. With the air conditioning on and fan on or near high (probably works in heat mode too) when you make a phone call the fan is lowered to reduce background noise, when call is over it goes back to the previous setting... Note I was in Auto mode have not tried in manual mode.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Really?? I tried that and mine will not set at and speed under 35mph

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

I got too lazy to finish the thread, but my 2014 Base AT would set the cruise control at 15 mph.

I also love the bump turn signal, bump the stick in either direction without it clicking into position and the will initiate the turn signal for 3 flashes on '14 and newer.

I also love how, even without "automatic" headlights, you can leave the switch in the on position and leave the car and they will shutoff after a short period of time. I also found out this works with the inside lights, left the Room button pushed and came back to a charged battery, it just shut it off after i think a few minutes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
After almost a full year of ownership, last week I discovered when gassing up that the gas cap screws on to the filler door so it is out of the way and doesn't mar your paint by banging against the side of the car.

341 - 360 of 392 Posts