1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3lQyQLbgzI
The good stuff is at 12:00min

Kia Press Conference at the 2006 Detroit International Auto Show
This is when they first introduced the Soul. I thought it was to cool and would love to have that concept!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really liked the bucket seats a lot! That should have been an option now that I can see it!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
just thought I would revive this very old thread, as we are currently discussing the Track'ster concept and a reminder of what the Soul concept was like back in 2006

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Would have loved the dual exhausts and the double sky roof. Also love the rocker panel and wheel well carry over from the bumper trim. Though the suicide doors and no B pillar would never make production, they watered it down way too much for certain.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I find myself lookin at my Soul and wondering what it would be like with suicide doors. Thats a lot of money just for an experiment though...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Great Pics! WOW! Are those 19's or 20's on there? They actually make the Soul look really tough and aggressive!

As for the Suicide Doors, I'd have to pass. I had those in a couple of Chevy S-10's ('94 & '00 Extended Cab Models...), and found out much later, that instead of the 4-Star Crash Rating that Chevy boasted, it was actually given a 3-Star Crash Rating by NHSTA. That was due to the same reason Darklight mentioned above..... no B Pillars, which offered no structural support in the center of the Cab.

I must say, I DO like the front end better on the Concept Soul. Especially with the Fog Lights centered into the lower front moulding.

Not sure how the Roof Cross Bars would work out at highway speeds. I've had a few vehicles with the Crossbars, and they can get quite noisy when they start buffeting.

Cheers!

BB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts