Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week on Tuesday I started my search for a new car. I've got a 2001 S-10 Crew with 205,000 miles that has taken a liking to motor oil...damn oilaholics anyway...so she needs some rehab time. Yes...I still own the truck...

Well...we all know the price range I was looking for...and the Soul was the best bang for the buck. After two trips to the dealer and phone calls to two other dealerships I finally placed a deposit on Saturday over the phone. The dealer didn't have what I wanted so they did a locate for me. I gave them three choices of color (in order of preference Black, Titanium, or Silver) but it had to be a 5-speed and a Sport package. Monday morning (yesterday) they called and said they had located a Silver Sport that they could pick up today (Tuesday).

Expecting a call this afternoon...they called this morning. They had sent someone after the car yesterday and it was ready for pick up. So here she is....

Now I had been thinking about putting a rally stripe on the car. The one that the sales guy owned looked pretty cool with his red stripe on his Shadow Sport....but when I saw the car they had picked up...that idea went out the window in a hurry. As fate would have it...the previous dealer gave me a rather impressive (IMHO) freebie bonus....

:D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Like the pinstripe would totally win me over if it said Soul. But looks sharp!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
That is a rare awesome color! Two thumbs up on the side decal too :)

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Thank you for the pictures this is the color from the Soul where I'm waiting for.
OOOOOOOOHHH sssssilver SSSSSSSoul where are you?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats!! Looks like you will be smiling all week!

I traded my 2003 S-10 Crew in this morning on red Soul! They are delivering it to me at work tonight!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hey there Shadow Like,

Congratulations on your SilverSoul!

I notice you have a T/A for your avatar... what year? I had an 81, black and gold, just like the bandit...LOL. It was fun, for awhile...:D

Welcome to Hamster Nation!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations on your SilverSoul!

I notice you have a T/A for your avatar... what year? I had an 81, black and gold, just like the bandit...LOL. It was fun, for awhile...:D

Welcome to Hamster Nation!
Yea...I need to change my avatar now that I've got the Soul but I haven't figured out what I want yet. Anyway...she's a 1979 T/A all orginal. My family is the second owner of the car...been in the family for 20 years now. Sadly...she's starting to show her age in many respects and needs some TLC...but she's still kicking!

·
Registered
904 Posts
My mom owned one of those I loved that car, she wouldn't let me drive it till I turned 18, had to wait 4 years to drive it.

Actually it looked just like yours same paint, year and bird. That car was badass.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I just remembered that when she sold it the only thing the seller wanted was the bird from the hood. I don't remember the details but he paid her a good amount of money for just that. I don't think he cared for the rest of the car. She never updated, that thing still had a working factory 8 track tape player in it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Technically speaking...I guess I lied about it being all original. The previous owner had swapped the stereo and rear speakers out for some cheapy setup. It of course doesn't work anymore. Other than that the car is all original...the engine has never been rebuilt and has around 125000 actual miles on it.

The T/A actually has the smallest V8 Pontiac made which was the 301 so she's not exactly on the hit list for speed demons...but the gas mileage isn't too terrible. As I said previously she does need some TLC. If anyone is interested here is a link to an album containing the "real" views of the car.

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/Umbra_Vipera/TransAm/?albumview=grid

My father said that was the only one he has seen with that interior. I don't know what is so special about it but when he bought the car that is what caught his eye. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got Show the Wifey Some Love Too!

I've been fussin' over the Soul for awhile and had been neglecting the wife's ride so I got it cleaned up over the weekend. I thought I'd share a couple photos of the two cars together!

The images were little blurry at full res (low light and no tripod) but you should get the idea! :)

Obviously a 2010 Kia Soul Sport on the left and a 2005 Cheverolet Impala SS on the right. Both silver...imagine that!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts