Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to replace the UGLY FROG EYE headlights with a prior years model? What modifications do I need to do to replace the 2012 with the earlier ones? Thanks All.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'll trade you my 2011 non-bug eye headlights for your bug eye headlights. They are the same housing, and most likely very minor if any wiring difference.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i thought the panel work round the lights had changed slightly too?...... i doubt they would fit - tho it would be good to find out for definite...... let us know if you try it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pretty sure you have to have the '12 Hood and Bumper in order to have the Headlights. Not sure on the fenders though.

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,014 Posts
To swap headlights you WILL need to swap the hood, fenders, and bumper. The 2012 headlights are a different shape then the 2009-2011 models.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
To swap headlights you WILL need to swap the hood, fenders, and bumper. The 2012 headlights are a different shape then the 2009-2011 models.
you're correct about the difference, of course - but they're so close that the swap might be made with zip-ties -

·
Registered
383 Posts
Even doing the swap, the fit is ok. But you will have a problem with the ri ght headlamp with the power stering reservoir mostly it will hit because of the heamlamp internals. Also the wiring for the lamps will be a problem also, because you have to wire for the low beam to stay on when you change to high beam.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I find it interesting that for the most part, people want to 'upgrade' to the 2012 headlights and taillights when I actually like the originals as well or better - especially the taillights. I bought a 2012 for the mechanical upgrades rather than the cosmetic changes. First and foremost was the 6 speed automatic.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Even driving my dad 2012 soul base. It feels quite different. But I don't like the 6 speed transmission. Its feels like Jeremy Clarkson driving the semi trucks. It changes gear like crazy! The ECO system is great for city driving but not great for mountain driving. I will stick for my 4 gear auto because of the longer range between gears.

on-topic: you can try to change the 12 headlights to pre-11 ones, but be prepare to do heavy modifications to the wiring. I would recommend you stay with the 12 headlights.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
the new fogs are hideous. they look like bulging frog eyes. urgh.

i definitely wouldn't mind those 2012 tail lights though.

and yes, the taillights can be swapped out, someone on SH did it. AiboPet i think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm going to get a 2011 headlight from a local supplier and try. I can't see them retooling for a headlight change. I'm good with the supplier so If it works I can return it and will be happy to trade. (all day long). Don't see me installing them with zip ties though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts