Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I think the media, as usual, is grossly misreporting the facts. If you watch or read several of them, they get the "details" mixed up. The "USB Cable" just happens to be something that many cars have in them already (phone charging/etc) and has a metal end on it. But the headlines read "Kia's Being Stolen with a USB Cable." Like that's all there is to it.

People have been using screwdrivers, pliers and other metal objects to jam in ignitions for years. But USB Cable is more exciting!!
Action News Jackie reports. “Kia’s and Hyundai’s are being stolen with a USB cable and catching on fire, severely injuring the thief.” Oh I bet she wishes she could write that story.

• Love
Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
458 Posts
Steering wheel locks can be defeated with a hack saw. Or the padlock killer angle grinder.
It's another tool needed and extra time to remove. The police are giving them out in the high crime areas. MILWUAKEE (AP) — Milwaukee police are providing free steering wheel locks to residents who own some models of Kias and Hyundais. Police say those vehicles have increasingly been targeted by thieves. The Journal Sentinel reports any Milwaukee resident who can provide proof of ownership can contact any Milwaukee police district to receive a lock.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,723 Posts
I'd be curious how many forum members have actually had their Kia Souls stolen or broken into.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'd be curious how many forum members have actually had their Kia Souls stolen or broken into.
The ones in MILWAUKEE when word got out only Kias with a key ignition were being stolen. But it's now spread to tick tic and other sites. It seems when they catch these kids, they don't punish them. So they're out doing it over and over again!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,723 Posts
The ones in MILWAUKEE when word got out only Kias with a key ignition were being stolen. But it's now spread to tick tic and other sites. It seems when they catch these kids, they don't punish them. So they're out doing it over and over again!
You're right billy. They probably give them a blue ribbon for effort & tell little Johnny how creative he is!

I honestly have neighbors who would say "he's just being his authentic self and we are so proud of him."

·
Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
273 Posts
You're right billy. They probably give them a blue ribbon for effort & tell little Johnny how creative he is!

I honestly have neighbors who would say "he's just being his authentic self and we are so proud of him."
Look what's happened to cities like Portland and San Francisco where crime is completely out of control. It's sickening what is going on these days.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul+ 2.0l automatic in Clear White
177 Posts
Since I started driving in 1993 I only had one car broken into and it was a Honda Civic I left sitting on the side of the highway with a missing wheel. Stole my stereo, subs, and amp. Cut cables to CD changer out of spite, left it bolted in the car. Busted both the rear hatch glass and passenger window. Since then I have broken down three times. Once with my new Soul. I'll never leave my car or park on the side of the road again.

Reactions: GeoSoul
21 - 29 of 29 Posts