Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I own a Kia E-Soul 2020 model and I have driven 4000km/2500miles with it and still the heater smells weird when turned on. It's difficult to describe the smell but it smells as if some materials in the car get to hot.

Do you also experience this? Does it go away?

I hope to hear your experiences. Thanks,

George

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX Manual Transmission
41 Posts
Did it smell like this before whwn you first got the car? Did you check the cabin air filter? I read amazon reviews sime cabin filters give out funky smell....

·
Registered
750 Posts
The electric Soul is very different than a conventional one. The heat is actually generated by the AC compressor. There are directional valves that run the refrigerant from the compressor to the evaporator inside the dash rather than across the condenser to create heat and the other way to create air conditioning. I would just take it to your dealer and have them look it over.

·
Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
147 Posts
The electric Soul is very different than a conventional one. The heat is actually generated by the AC compressor. There are directional valves that run the refrigerant from the compressor to the evaporator inside the dash rather than across the condenser to create heat and the other way to create air conditioning. I would just take it to your dealer and have them look it over.
You are a great asset to this forum. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts