Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wondering for a while now why so many new members keep posting their car problems or questions right in the New Member Introductions forum instead of the proper forum for their generation of Soul. This is also usually their first posting after they create an account. I think I now have it figured out!

The domain name (which is search engine indexed) and all home page links for www.kiasoulforums.com direct to a page of "Our Top Forums" which only lists three Gen1 forums, the Owner's Photo Gallery, and, you got it, the New Member Introductions forum. And unless you're familiar with internet iconography there's really no way for people to know that there's a way to get a listing of all forums right in the upper-righthand corner of this website. So outsiders that are new to these forums end up thinking that the only forums available here are those 5 choices. Given those limited choices, I myself would also have posted my question/problem instead of actually introducing myself. 😉

So the question is why isn't the home page simply directed to the full forum listing and wouldn't that reduce confusion and give new members better choices where they should properly post for help? Am I missing something I might be unaware of? And finally, who owns or manages these forums where I can make this suggestion to directly?

Thanks! 👍

–Kerig

·
Administrator
843 Posts
Yes, PMs work, though posting here works just as well :)

The front page is being overhauled in the new year, as it is currently auto populated based on popular communities. We're working on tools to keep this site intuitive and clear of issues.

Thanks for reporting this concern :)

-Gerrit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts