Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prairiesoul started me thinking in his response to another thread.

I've asked the question about the little things you love. Now, what about the little things that make you grumble? What is something that you wish your Soul had-- some little something that would make it a complete package for you?

For Prairiesoul it seemed it was automatic headlights. For me, it would be the heated seats offered as standard on Canadian cars, but left off of my U.S. version.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
wish it had the wiper de-icer like on my Rondo and also a standard console armrest or at least a arm rest for the passenger, instead of just the driver only.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
If wishes were fishes. Wish the telescoping steering wheel came out a few more inches or the top of the middle console could be extended a few inches more forward. A little more seat adjustment would be nice. Wish I had options beside the hounds tooth trim with the Exclaim fabric seats. Wish the spare tire I went out and bought for $180 was standard on the 2012. Wish the paint was a little thicker and the mileage was a little better and the engine a little stronger. LOL

·
Registered
160 Posts
- Wish the manuals came with cruise control

- Wish blue was available as a color option (the Corsa Blue on Fortes would be sweet)

- Wish the "switchblade" keys were more "southpaw friendly". I do have the 'unlock doors, flip key over, flip key out' motion down now though.

- A light under center dash would be nice. Hard to see to plug iPod cable in at night.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Wish the telescoping steering wheel came out a few more inches or the top of the middle console could be extended a few inches more forward.
Wish mine had a telescoping wheel. Driving position is not conducive to maintaining good posture.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
the 2011 models do have the telescoping column in this country!.... are you sure yours hasnt?..... my dad had it in his car and it took him 6 months to realise.... i pulled the column out for him - lol.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
i wish the am/fm radio was not of the "lowest bidder" quality and that the car was equipped with a functional radio antenna - i recall better radio reception on a 1950 ford -

i wish all the bits and pieces were assembled with removable screws rather than break-off snaps -

oh - before i forget - at least one more door that can be unlocked from the outside with a key -

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I wish the plastic interior on my 2010 didn't show scratch marks so easily, if I sneeze a new one shows up!!!! I agree with ken88 a nice blue should be available, (but the red molten works for me). Larger side bolstering on the front seats would be great too!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wish I could just activate the recirculation button when the a/c mode is at defrost or defrost+footwell, instead of having to turn the selector to any other non-defrost mode first. I also wish that the UVO system would accept multiple inputs at once, like turning on BT input on my smartphone while listening to music on my USB stick. I wish I could have much better visibility behind the C-pillar, especially when parked in a diagonal parking spot. I wish I could use the white LED's beneath the headlights as DRL's, rather than as parking lights. And I wish that the seat belt buckle isn't designed in such a way that it sticks in my hip. But all of that are minor quibbles to me, and I wouldn't trade my Soul for anything else out there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wish the center console had an extendable arm rest, as did my '06 PT Cruiser. As a passenger, I really miss that little comfort piece not being in our KIA soul. I too was glad to not have to opt to the hound's tooth design, but I also wished for some more paint options and seat cover options. Too late, as we already purchased our car, but it would have been nice to have some more variances in color and upholstery choice. It would also be nice if every single option was offered as an upgrade that could be done later at the dealership on every model.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
They should have put those roof rails on all Souls they look cool. oh and the double sun roof!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a very simple cheap solution for the under dash lighting. My husband recently purchase some of those micro LED Christmas lights from Big Lots bargain store. $2.50. He mounted the battery pack by his hood release lever and strung the lights with tape under the dash. Instant cheap under-lighting. Makes the floor glow royal blue.

And since they are so small they fit neatly under the dash and you can't see any wires. Not going to void any warranty with tape

·
Registered
83 Posts
A couple of grumbles:
  • I wish that the center console was available on a stock Soul -- or at least that there was an armrest built into the driver's seat. It shouldn't be a $120 upgrade!
  • The MPG computer is completely wacky; I get around 27.2 right now, but it's consistently telling me I get 30+.
  • Due to the upright design, the front end is a bug-catcher. Ick.
  • The horn's wimpy at best. Fortunately, it's an easy item to replace in your driveway with about $50 in tools and a $20 replacement horn.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts