Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,750 Posts
A dodgy Photoshop effort! They should have at least stretched the tires so they don't overlap.

Nonetheless, pretty cool idea!

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
I'm reading the post to say this was a google camera anomaly or something.
Anyway, I agree. Stretch it some more and install a bar in back. (y)
First round is on me Monster!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I feel sorry for the passenger who has to sit in the gas tank! ?

BTW, I second on the Streetview's camera anomaly being the culprit. I've seen it before when viewing Google Streetview, which uses several 360° cameras and proprietary stitching software. This is just a pretty funny example! LOL

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
I feel sorry for the passenger who has to sit in the gas tank! ?

BTW, I second on the Streetview's camera anomaly being the culprit. I've seen it before when viewing Google Streetview, which uses several 360° cameras and proprietary stitching software. This is just a pretty funny example! LOL
I think you're right. I noticed the 10 speed bike has 2 seats behind it. Can you imagine a Soul with 4 door handles on 1 side? It got the roof lined up really well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's exactly what it is. Just a random accident not purposely created by anyone.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It got the roof lined up really well.

The stitching software seemingly works pretty well with straight lines, not so well with "organic" elements like trees & people.

It reminds me of this car from the 1960's TV show Thunderbirds.
It's F. A. B. ?

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
The stitching software seemingly works pretty well with straight lines, not so well with "organic" elements like trees & people.

It reminds me of this car from the 1960's TV show Thunderbirds.
It's F. A. B. ?

View attachment 132935
Oh crap, I remember watching that show for hours when I was a kid. I was always looking for the puppet strings.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Oh crap, I remember watching that show for hours when I was a kid. I was always looking for the puppet strings.

I did and still watch it. ?
Gerry & Sylvia Anderson, the show's creator, were incredibly innovative and ahead of their time. Thunderbirds was made with painstakingly attention to detail and presented with movie-quality levels of production. They also innovated not only how to make the marionettes interact as actors would, but the miniature special effect methods they developed became movie industry standards. YouTube has a few great documentaries about them and their groundbreaking television shows which interesting to watch.

But I also used to look for the strings! ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nice. And that Thunderbirds car reminds me of this one which I love, also from the '60s.

View attachment 132936

That's beautiful! No doubt a concept car. Does it have a name?
Edit: Actually this car was custom-made and eventually owned by singer Bobby Darin.

FWIW, someone did actually develop a 6 wheeled supercar:

Along with this famous F1 6-wheeler from the 70s:

But it looks like 6 wheels only work in the front, not the back like the "Limo Soul" above. ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Williams F1 experimented with a 6 wheeler with 4 rears in the early 80's:

F1 outlawed it before they could race it.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Back in 1958 GM put out a movie (16mm) about their experimental car, the "Firebird III". It even showed up in a full length movie, about an Army Sgt, in Korea, that won it in a Sweepstakes.

It was powered by a Gas Turbine engine, and had NO steering wheel. All controls, were in a center mounted Joy Stick.
It actually Lived, and was not just an artists rendering. The futuristic devices on this car are actually too numerous to mention here. The computerized self guidance system was just one.

I never wanted any car, as bad as I wanted that one.

:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts