Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hey, This is my first Soul although I am not new to Kia. I currently own a 16 Sedona Van(wifes) and previously a 14 Forte. I must say that I actually fell for the soul after test driving one. After that it was game on to actually find a Turbo as my usual dealer didn't have one in stock. The dealer that had the one I test drove wanted 10k over sticker price no way was I buying from him. IMG_0557(1).jpg

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome! Gonna love it,Congrats!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had previously test drove a non Turbo GT at my regular dealer (Motion Kia in Budd Lake NJ) and really wasn't impressed with the engine. I had a 2.0 in my Forte and it was a fun powerful engine but after driving the 20 soul I quickly realized that it wasn't the same engine. The GDI 2.0 engine that was in my Forte was rated at 181 Hp the new Mpi engine is only rated at 140 something. So I decided to hold out to test drive the turbo but the dealer wasn't scheduled to get one for a couple of weeks and the one they had coming in was spoken for already. After doing some research I found that Sussex Kia in Newton NJ had one in stock so I decided to take a ride to look at it. Took it for a drive and fell in love. Sat down with them to talk $$ but Kia makes it real easy with there online lease calculator. The salesman come back with an astronomical lease number of $480 for a 3yr lease (more than I'm paying for more my Sedona SX which stickered for 45k) So now knowing I wanted the Turbo I went back to Motion Kia to give them a deposit and to talk numbers(which came in right where the lease calculator told me at $140 a month cheaper than the other dealer.) I really had some good luck that day as the car came in early and I was able to drive home with a new car the next day. Definitely shop around when buying a new car that 1st dealer really tried to rip me off the 2 cars where exactly the same color, equipment with identical MSRP's

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts