Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hey hey to all the Soul owners. I just got my Soul on July 25th and I love it! Got the Exclaim version black exterior, brown interior.

Traded in my Olds Silhouette 1992 minivan with the cash for clunkers program. Only thing that sucks is that my van was 18mpg on the federal website meaning I could only get $3500 off instead of the full $4500 :(

Paid $15,900 with tax, title, everything. Cool thing is I get to write off the $1200 in taxes on next years tax return!

Anyways I'm glad I found these forums. Been reading over some of the stuff recently and it's pretty good info to know.

If ya near Columbus Ohio around the north end of town and you see a black Kia Soul, it's most likely me. I haven't seen another one yet.

·
Registered
910 Posts
If ya near Columbus Ohio around the north end of town and you see a black Kia Soul, it's most likely me. I haven't seen another one yet.
Well so far that makes 3 of us on the forums :)

When you see mine you'll know, although I haven't had it up on the north side yet.. mainly just between Hilliard and downtown...

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,001 Posts
There seems to be a lot of us using the cash for clunkers and trading in vans.:)

Even though I am new as well I will still say welcome. :D

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There seems to be a lot of us using the cash for clunkers and trading in vans.:)

Even though I am new as well I will still say welcome. :D
yes the dealership had a section roped off for all the clunkers they took in this weekend. most of them were trucks and vans.

thank god this offer came up. My van was about to fall apart. all four struts were shot so going over any bump made it feel like a rollercoaster ride. no air conditioning (it broke over 4 years ago). my drivers side window didn't work. only had one working speaker out of four. and it drank a quart of oil every month. Ohh and my right side mirror was broken off thanks to my wife not knowing how to drive a van and getting too close to a telephone pole lol.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yep mini vans are going in left and right thats what we did, 1999 windstar, we got a base model and got the $4500 credit, gets that 1mpg more needed to qualify :)

Sadly the SOul has almost as much room as our old mini van had.. and even with the engine still in the break in, its averaging 31mpg on the first tank :)

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just wanted to say hey hey to all the Soul owners. I just got my Soul on July 25th and I love it! Got the Exclaim version black exterior, brown interior.

Traded in my Olds Silhouette 1992 minivan with the cash for clunkers program. Only thing that sucks is that my van was 18mpg on the federal website meaning I could only get $3500 off instead of the full $4500 :(
I went for the C4C Program - couldn't pass it up.

Paid $15,900 with tax, title, everything.
Do you meant that "you" paid $15,900.00 after the Dealer took the $3,500.00 off? Or did they take the $3,500.00 off the $15,900.00?

Cool thing is I get to write off the $1200 in taxes on next years tax return!
Isn't it wonderful to know that the State of Ohio made more money on the sale of that new car than the Dealer did? All with no capital investment and no obligations to give you any service in the future.

Anyways I'm glad I found these forums. Been reading over some of the stuff recently and it's pretty good info to know.

I'm glad you and others are here as well - good to know that SOUL owners can communicate directly with each other - could be good or bad for Kia - we'll see how they handle Customer relations.

By the way - where is the North "end" of Columbus now - Worthington? I haven't lived there since around 1968.

Have fun with your new Soul

FWIW,
Carl B.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you meant that "you" paid $15,900.00 after the Dealer took the $3,500.00 off? Or did they take the $3,500.00 off the $15,900.00?
I paid $15,900 total. Invoice was $17,900. They took $3500 off of that. Then added taxes and title and my final price was $15,900.

Isn't it wonderful to know that the State of Ohio made more money on the sale of that new car than the Dealer did? All with no capital investment and no obligations to give you any service in the future.
I hope they make some interest off my tax money before I file taxes next year. I always file early because I always get money back.

By the way - where is the North "end" of Columbus now - Worthington? I haven't lived there since around 1968.
I live around the 161, I-71 area. Over by the Budweiser plant or somewhere around there.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
From out off Holland.

Crazy Dutchman RelenaRelena

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome Bodycount!. My Cash for Clunkers was affectionately called the "F2Filthy"

It was a 1988 Ford 3/4 ton pickup with a 7.5L (460c.i.) gas sucking behemoth of an engine for towing. The windows wouldn't roll down, the Brake's master cylinder was weeping (dangerous), the ignition cylinder went out so I made a pushbutton hotwire in the cab, and the A/C was out, and we only used it for Home Depot and Dump runs... The Kelly Blue Book listed its value as $1700, and it would have taken $3000 to fix it to an usable condition... Obviously I was pumped to get a $4500 price reduction for it... LOL.

Life is better now.
Welcome aboard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts