Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to fill up with fuel, switched off to get out of the car and the car started making a loud ticking noise!!. Locked and unlocked it and it continued... so i assumed it was the lorry next to me. Filled up and went to pay and noticed thru the window that the lorry had gone and people were staring at my car...ticking away loudly. Drove to work still ticking.... pressed the autolock unlock button inside and it stopped for the rest of the journey. Got to work, relocked the car and the ticking started again....messed about and got it to stop. It sounds like a door solenoid having a throm.... anybody else had this?... whats the cure?.... gonna ring the garage later - dont want a flat battery at hometime.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Short term fix might be to lock w the key instead of the remote. sounds like something's not locking all the way or is shorting and throwing a hissy.

Diagnosing may be easy, lock w the remote, and walk around to find the door that's having a fit. I'd bet there's moisture somewhere in that door, or something happened where the lock actuator is shorting. Simply opening up the inner door panel may find/diagnose/cure the problem (and allow for speaker upgrade! There, I'm always looking for a reason to upgrade something...)

Had the same problem with the Mini, the rear hatch would unlock itself... turns out there was a bit o'moisture getting into a connector near the hatch handle. I removed it and waterproofed with brush-on electrical "tape", and it's been fine for 5 years now.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. The car is due its 25k service soon. Hopefully if it dosent reoccur it can wait until that for attention. Will check the car at lunch to see if its still ticking (just reading about a dredger that brought up an unexploded parachute mine from the 2nd world war....lol....very comforting!!!)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Tantrum?..... isnt that where you have sex for a really long time without falling asleep?.......lol
LOL Mine had the engine light come on for the second time in 3 weeks! Gas cap the last 2 times, so my car isn't clicking enough!! How many clicks is enough?? I must have waited over a week to see the engine light the last time, 2 weeks this time, after clicking the cap for at least 5 clicks????

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
LOL Mine had the engine light come on for the second time in 3 weeks! Gas cap the last 2 times, so my car isn't clicking enough!! How many clicks is enough?? I must have waited over a week to see the engine light the last time, 2 weeks this time, after clicking the cap for at least 5 clicks????
The new gas cap that cures that problem is a "one-click" cap.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
And thanks to Rodville and Dixon I will look into that today! Sorry Tempest for stealing your post! Don't have a Tantric! LOL

·
Registered
114 Posts
Out of the closet ( & into our hearts!)

I havent been here for ages, so this is probably old news to everyone else, but I was pretty darn excited just now to discover that Tempest has been George Cluny all along! Although I guess it shouldnt be so surprising given how cheeky & elusive they both are ..

That would certainly explain why he's always so secretive about what he looks like, & I suppose those times he was M.I.A, supposedly with his mom & family, he was probably getting together with & breaking up with yet more models & starlets-
In his Soul!

So you must have known about this, Marc? & you must have told Soul Sailor, at least? What loyal friends you guys are, to not even out him to the rest of us. (We'll get you for this..)

Anyway, I 'm sure he knows his secret is safe in our little community & we can be counted on to go on treating him in the same harranging way we always have.

I just hope that any of the rest of us who may also be fabulously sexy movie stars/celebs who enjoy being able to mingle with the common folk on this forum, away from the fawning masses, wont feel pressured to follow his lead, back into the glare of the spotlight.

Oh, & sorry to hear about that little problem you're having with whatever it is you're having a problem with, G/T......

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I havent been here for ages, so this is probably old news to everyone else, but I was pretty darn excited just now to discover that Tempest has been George Cluny all along! Although I guess it shouldnt be so surprising given how cheeky & elusive they both are ..

That would certainly explain why he's always so secretive about what he looks like, & I suppose those times he was M.I.A, supposedly with his mom & family, he was probably getting together with & breaking up with yet more models & starlets-
In his Soul!

So you must have known about this, Marc? & you must have told Soul Sailor, at least? What loyal friends you guys are, to not even out him to the rest of us. (We'll get you for this..)

Anyway, I 'm sure he knows his secret is safe in our little community & we can be counted on to go on treating him in the same harranging way we always have.

I just hope that any of the rest of us who may also be fabulously sexy movie stars/celebs who enjoy being able to mingle with the common folk on this forum, away from the fawning masses, wont feel pressured to follow his lead, back into the glare of the spotlight.

Oh, & sorry to hear about that little problem you're having with whatever it is you're having a problem with, G/T......
It warms my heart to listen to a woman who truly understands the trials and tribulations of being a superstar...... my private jet is on its way to collect you...... a few days at my villa around my lake in northern Italy will clarify how difficult life really is.....;)

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
It warms my heart to listen to a woman who truly understands the trials and tribulations of being a superstar...... my private jet is on its way to collect you...... a few days at my villa around my lake in northern Italy will clarify how difficult life really is.....;)
I thought I was the only one for you! Already running around behind my back! And with all the work I did at the villa!;)

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so it was you that nailed my pet dog to the back of the bedroom door!!!!.... next time you bring that boat on my lake - its getting torpedoed!!!.......lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts