Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw that Amazon has 12oz bottles of Techron on sale for just $4.49 (U.S. only, I believe) which is 50% less than its cost in the past. I don't know if this is a special offer, sale or a permanent mark down. I'm also unsure if this is the best pricing one can get Techron for, but I stocked up on a few bottles and you may want to also! 😃

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CCOL3I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Note: If you select to buy a 6 pack you'll end up paying $7 a bottle so you'd be better off buying 6 of the individual bottles.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,252 Posts
I just saw that Amazon has 12oz bottles of Techron on sale for just $4.49 (U.S. only, I believe) which is 50% less than its cost in the past. I don't know if this is a special offer, sale or a permanent mark down. I'm also unsure if this is the best pricing one can get Techron for, but I stocked up on a few bottles and you may want to also! 😃

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CCOL3I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Note: If you select to buy a 6 pack you'll end up paying $7 a bottle so you'd be better off buying 6 of the individual bottles.
Awesome find. Thank you!

Reactions: Kerig3

·
Registered
561 Posts

Thanks - just added a few to my wife's cart. Maybe she won't notice. Ha!

·
Registered
2017 Kia Soul +
9 Posts
I have a 2.0L GDI in my 2017 Soul +. How important is using the Techron fuel system cleaner on these engines? Do a lot of slow urban driving if that matters.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,252 Posts
I have a 2.0L GDI in my 2017 Soul +. How important is using the Techron fuel system cleaner on these engines? Do a lot of slow urban driving if that matters.
Techron important. Slow urban driving matters yes. Not good, really for any car except EVs. Especially not good for GDI.

There's lots for you to learn & read on this forum. Use the Advanced Search function and take it all in.

Good to have you join us!

Reactions: Kerig3

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
It's one of the best things you can do for your engine (and one of the few additives that actually does anything useful).

It's not really GDI-specific, however. Neither Techron nor any other additive in the fuel will do anything for the intake valves because it never touches them. Techron is more for the pistons, rings, and combustion chamber in general. That's why I advocate using it in conjunction with an intake system cleaning and a GDI-specific oil.

Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts