Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scrubbed 2months worth of dirt and grime off of this thing. That's what happens when you're a lazy a-- like me and keep telling yourself, "oh, i'll wash it next week!" for 8 weeks straight LOL.

I didn't take too many pics as once you've seen one unmodified Soul, you've seen them all. I only took pics of the things i "fixed" and added on recently.

Also, i fixed the problem I had with my rear visors slipping right after I put my HIDs in. I used some of the left over double sided 3m tape to reinforce my visors and now they're in there VERY tight. I even tugged on them myself, and they didn't even budge. (Thanks Marc!)

Here are some pics of my new Tardis emblem, a couple of visor shots, and my HIDS!

Oh, and i've definitely learned my lesson about putting stickers on the paint. Never again...

Yeah, i'm a complete idiot and thought that decals went INSIDE the window instead of OUTSIDE of it. -___-

·
Registered
323 Posts
I don't know.. I'm just not getting that TARDIS feel. Now, if you can go back in the past and tell me I'll like it.. then you got me!
I have to admit, I was expecting to see some sort of rich blue when I saw the post title.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!!! :D

and for some reason, i don't think Tardis phonebox blue would look too appealing on a Soul...lol

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk. Pardon errors.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ if you're looking for an affordable light upgrade, the DD HID kit is a great choice. And it's so easy to install, even Eboni can do it LOL.

and i tried WD40 but it did absolutely nothing. I think it's because it isn't sticker residue, it's actual paper stuck on my paint. You know how sometimes when you peel a sticker, and the top layer and second split leaving the second white layer stuck to the surface? That's what happened. The top layer with the design/logo washed off due to the elements leaving the part that sticks to the surface stuck to my car. :'/ i have NO idea what could possibly get this off as it's not the residue, it's the actual sticker paper itself.

I'll give the White Spirit a shot though, if i can find some.

Thank you for the evolve stick-on not being what I originally thought it was. Looking sleighfully nice! ;)
Hehehehe glad to be of some relief!
;) thank you very much!

I actually think we have some lighter fluid lying around here. I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Open the tailgate so the surface is horizontal and put a wet sponge or kitchen towel on it to really allow it to soak in and soften, you should then be able to rub the paper part of the sticker off, that will allow you to then rub the glue off as previously mentioned, and lighter fluid is a good method to use.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ ah, i will do exactly that. I never considered soaking it. I've tried wetting it with the hose, but it didnt work. I'll soak it with some warm water tomorrow after school. Hopefully this works, because that area of my car is such an eyesore.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In regard to the stickers on your paint...

I went to a craft store and purchased magnetic sheets. I stick the sticker on the magnet, trim the magnet and place the magnet on the car. It's worked pretty well for me. Plus, you can always remove/replace/relocate them to suit your mood.

I came up with that after having a bumpersticker on my old car. I had stuck it on the painted bumper. Unfortunately, when I tried to remove it, it took a spot of the paint with it. :(

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's genius! I'll have to see if Hobby Lobby has some of those. Though, i probably won't be sticking anything else on this sucker as it's beginning to look kinda cluttered lol.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
In regard to the stickers on your paint...

I went to a craft store and purchased magnetic sheets. I stick the sticker on the magnet, trim the magnet and place the magnet on the car. It's worked pretty well for me. Plus, you can always remove/replace/relocate them to suit your mood.

I came up with that after having a bumpersticker on my old car. I had stuck it on the painted bumper. Unfortunately, when I tried to remove it, it took a spot of the paint with it. :(
This is why I ONLY stick things to my windows and never to the paint - except for pin stripes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, it was a used 2001 Hyundai Accent. I got it REALLY cheap (even for a used 2001 Hyundai Accent!), and it had a long dent along the passenger side (didn't affect function... just cosmetic). So it wasn't a big deal to me, that it lost a little paint off the bumper. (I still got more on the trade-in than I was expecting!)

But it did prompt me to think of the magnet idea, which worked really well. I liked to display various [email protected]$$ commentary on current social/political events.... but often times, news would change, and the commentary would become out-of-date, so I liked the ability to be able to change it up.

I'd get everything from people waving their thumbs to their middle fingers at me out there on the road! LOL!

As for my Soul... I probably won't put THAT much stuff on there. I like the shadow color, and will probably keep it pretty clean and stealth-looking. Who knows, though? I'm sure something will happen in the news that will bring the [email protected]$$ back out in me!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Eboni, nice UH logo! Never realized you were going there -- I'm an alum; got my BS in math there in 2000!

(Sorry, we don't get much Cougar pride down here in my part of Florida, just lots of UF/FSU fanboyhood, so I get excited when I get to let my metaphorical crimson and white flag fly :) )

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^ it's a small world! Yeah im a proud Coog. I love it here! i'm almost finished with my BA in Anthropology, focusing on Archaeology. Should be done by this fall, POSSIBLY next Spring.

It's awesome to have a fellow Coog on the forums! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts