Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SInce i uploaded the photos in my previous thread via the Autoguide app, they didn't show up as large and clear as i expected. They were small and fuzzy. So, i had the mods delete it and decided to create an all new thread ESPECIALLY since i got Tempest's SOUL decals in the mail yesterday!!

A few Doctor Who decal additions...

And then...ROYAL mail?? What the hell is this gibberish all over the packaging? What could this possibly be?? ^_^

Let's open it up and seee....

I'm a-- awful at putting on decals, screen protectors, and anything of that sort. Bubbles GALORE. :(

BUT, you can't see them from a distance...and they look pretty sweet.

Thanks TEMPEST!!! But, you wouldn't have any idea how to get these bubbles out would ya? I considered using a VERY fine needle/stick pin to poke tiny holes in them to get them to flatten. But, i wasn't sure if those tiny holes would let the air trapped in there out OR allow MORE air in. :/ Any ideas guys??

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have read to poke a tiny hole then treat it like a pimple. Go from the edges to the center to get the air out. I have also heard leave em alone and they will eventually go away.
I'm SO helpful huh? Ha ha

Sent from a weird place using Autoguide...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Next time use a mixture of bady shampoo and water. Spray the mixture on your car. Then take your drivers license and get the bubbles out. The sticker looks good by the way.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ i got my two Dr. Who decals and Tardis emblem from etsy.

also, tempest emailed me... i'm going the poking route guys. and thanks!

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via AutoGuide app using Swiftkey 3 Beta. Pardon errors.]

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ indeed brother. i put them on yesterday, and as i drove around campus, people kept doing double takes as they passed me. it really adds to the look of the car.

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via AutoGuide app using Swiftkey 3 Beta. Pardon errors.]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looking beautiful EboniLM. I see my next project forming in my mind. Those Soul door decals would look great with the side repeaters I'm waiting for. Thanks for posting great pics, how did you get them big enough? Mine just look small all the time, lol.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking beautiful EboniLM. I see my next project forming in my mind. Those Soul door decals would look great with the side repeaters I'm waiting for. Thanks for posting great pics, how did you get them big enough? Mine just look small all the time, lol.
thanks!

did your soul come with the black r silver stck repeaters? if so, tempest (an innovative member here) sells decals that perfectly fit the side repeaters. i didnt make these myself LOL. there ought to be a thread somewhere on here created by tempest about these decals. it also has plenty of photos of other souls with them applied :D as far as im concerned, they're all the same size lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
thanks!

did your soul come with the black r silver stck repeaters? if so, tempest (an innovative member here) sells decals that perfectly fit the side repeaters. i didnt make these myself LOL. there ought to be a thread somewhere on here created by tempest about these decals. it also has plenty of photos of other souls with them applied :D as far as im concerned, they're all the same size lol
Thanks EboniLM, My side repeaters are black dummys. I just received the real ones from Shark Racing which I'll install tomorrow.

I didn't make myself very clear, lol. I meant your pics come out bigger than mine. I know if I click on the small ones I can get a larger view, but I'd rather be able to post my pics a little bit larger. I do resize them to 800 X 600, is that why my pics are small?

I'll also search for Tempest"s decals, they are great looking.

Donna

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
agh! lucky! i wish i had the black o es so i coukdve ordered the black decals. i feel as if the black would look much better on my soul.

LOL. misunderstood you completely. now i see. what i do is use a host. i upload my photos to my lightbox account, copy the image url, and then paste the url into the source box. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
agh! lucky! i wish i had the black o es so i coukdve ordered the black decals. i feel as if the black would look much better on my soul.

LOL. misunderstood you completely. now i see. what i do is use a host. i upload my photos to my lightbox account, copy the image url, and then paste the url into the source box. :)
Ahhhh, thanks. I recently d/l Dropbox, that should work as well, right? The Shark Racing ones I'll install tomorrow are silver, but will probably paint matte black or plastidip (whatever that is). First, a trip to Autozone is on the agenda. I love all the ideas & creativity seen from so many members on this forum. It's been a great help to me since a lot of this is new territory for me, loving every minute of it too. I also, today, ordered the Soul door decals from Tempest. Yippee!
Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use to tint vehicles of all sorts and super t said you should use a type of soap... Dish soap being the best... Soak the area down an place the sticker in the area you desire... Take your driver license or I.d. Or credit/debit card wrap paper towels around it and starting from the middle swipe your card outwards to removed any and all bubbles...

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^ thanks for the tip but i just took a fine stick pin from one of my work nametags and punctured the bubbles lol. looks MUCH better now.

Ahhhh, thanks. I recently d/l Dropbox, that should work as well, right? The Shark Racing ones I'll install tomorrow are silver, but will probably paint matte black or plastidip (whatever that is). First, a trip to Autozone is on the agenda. I love all the ideas & creativity seen from so many members on this forum. It's been a great help to me since a lot of this is new territory for me, loving every minute of it too. I also, today, ordered the Soul door decals from Tempest. Yippee!
Thanks again. :)
well, i also have dropbox and i got lightbox because i couldn't use dropbox as a host lol. lightbox ia more of a photoupload site, like photobucket or something. whereas dropbox is for synching your photos/files between your phone and pc.

my side blinkers came stock on my soul. im not about to rip them off and paint them black now... too much hassle lol. plus i already have have the silver decals. -_-

i look forward to seeing the pics of your new blinkers and decals when you get them installed. im glad the site's been helping you, the soul community has helped me a lot too. :) welcome to the creativity :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts