Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shall be visiting my local Kia dealer tomorrow to check out the Soul in more detail. The biggest issue for me is front leg room and the Kia must be big enough for me to sit in with my legs only gently bent at the knees.
At 6' 4" tall with a 33" inside leg this is often quite a tall order but my research suggests the Soul could be up to the task. Anyway, I shall find out for certain tomorrow.

If any long-legged Soul owners have any comments to make regarding living with their Soul I'd be very interested to hear them.

Thanks in advance:).

·
Registered
445 Posts
I am 6' w' 32" inseam, so not as tall or leggy as you. But I found no trouble sitting comfortably, getting in or getting out of the car. For comparison, I had difficulty getting out of the Honda Fit (Jazz for you, I think) and was never able to find a comfortable postion that allowed me to work the clutch without kneeing the steering wheel.

Others have commented in other threads that the addition of the sun roof lowers the headliner and this may cause you some trouble with headspace, allthough there was no consensus on that issue. There rarely is consensus on something so subjective as comfort, though! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am 6' w' 32" inseam, so not as tall or leggy as you. But I found no trouble sitting comfortably, getting in or getting out of the car. For comparison, I had difficulty getting out of the Honda Fit (Jazz for you, I think) and was never able to find a comfortable postion that allowed me to work the clutch without kneeing the steering wheel.

Others have commented in other threads that the addition of the sun roof lowers the headliner and this may cause you some trouble with headspace, allthough there was no consensus on that issue. There rarely is consensus on something so subjective as comfort, though! :D
I fully agree with your comments about the Jazz. My folks have one and I find it very cramped and hard to get in and out of. Again, I never seek out a sunroof for the reasons you state.

Thanks for your comments and I remain cautiously optimistic about trying out the Soul tomorrow.

·
Registered
445 Posts
One of the things I like about it is that it is deceptively HUGE on the inside, compared to what you expect from the outside. I drove a Geo/Suzuki/Chevy Tracker for the 14 years prior to this and loved the high, upright seating. When I got in the Soul the seat position was very close to the same. Have fun on the test drive!

·
Registered
84 Posts
My boyfriend is 6 feet tall and he has no problems driving or riding in my Soul. A lot of people are shocked when he takes them on test drives in the Soul that it's big enough for him. Good luck with getting yours.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm 6'3" and I wear 36" inside leg. I'm pretty comfortable but I think there still could be a few more inches or at the very least the seat should adjust so you can tilt the front up giving you a few more inches there. I think it s pretty good though and haven't found myself wishing I drove another car instead.

I shall be visiting my local Kia dealer tomorrow to check out the Soul in more detail. The biggest issue for me is front leg room and the Kia must be big enough for me to sit in with my legs only gently bent at the knees.
At 6' 4" tall with a 33" inside leg this is often quite a tall order but my research suggests the Soul could be up to the task. Anyway, I shall find out for certain tomorrow.

If any long-legged Soul owners have any comments to make regarding living with their Soul I'd be very interested to hear them.

Thanks in advance:).

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm a bigger guy 285lbs 6ft big thighs about 30" and my legs are about 30 insime and 32 waist and I have no problem with my legs slighty bent that is..but ya not sure about the 6'4 try it out. I definatly can tell u the fortee coupe won't work lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's the best car I've found for my size and weight (I'm tall and fat) - but it could be brilliant if the seat went back 2 inches more - I have yet to find ANY car that meets this dream specification though :(

The Soul is by far the best I have found.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
......... I drove a Geo/Suzuki/Chevy Tracker for the 14 years prior to this and loved the high, upright seating. When I got in the Soul the seat position was very close to the same. . . . .
Same opinion here but my previous was a Chevy astro van

And,

6' 7" - 330lbs - 36" inseam, I am.

I fit in the Soul with no problems. Steering wheel is perfect, lots of head room, leg room is as good or better than most others

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many thanks to everyone who has replied with very encouraging responses.

To explain a little more, my height and leg length issues are compounded with having had reconstruction surgery (cartilage grafting) to both my knees in the last two years and leg positioning is absolutely critical for me in any car I drive.

I'll be posting back after my visit to the dealer tomorrow with my findings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
6'5" and 320 lbs here. No issues with fit or comfort. 34" Inseam and the leg room is OK not exceptional. Not as much leg room as my MINI Cooper S but easy entry / exit and comfortable enough for day long road trips. I've had my Soul for nearly a year now and I am as happy with it today as I was when I took delivery. Do a test fit and I'm sure you will be happy with the results.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well since everyone seems to be telling how fat they are besides height. I haven't notice a difference but I weighed 325 when I bought the car and now I'm 277, update when I reach 200, maybe it will feel different then? ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
It's the best car I've found for my size and weight (I'm tall and fat) - but it could be brilliant if the seat went back 2 inches more - I have yet to find ANY car that meets this dream specification though :(

The Soul is by far the best I have found.
Your comment turns out to be absolutely spot on.

I've put a more detailed separate thread on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
6'4" 190lbs., and my son is 6'5" 160. Test drive was a must and we were both pleasantly surprised with the head and leg room front and back. This was one of my primary reasons for purchasing the Soul. And since, I have to admit that the 315/8 speaker stereo rocks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts