Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BF thinks that the design of the tailpipe will cause issues with keeping the car clean back there. Comments?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
My soul wipes it's own ass.

LOL

Actually, i installed a bidet in the garage and it washes its own.

I'm sorry, it was there.

I have a white Sport, 7700 miles on it, no problems "back there".

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure we could have a long theological chat on how exactly to wipe one's soul clean...LOL. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Shouldn't be making any sort of "mess"....If it does, I'd have the emissions checked that you aren't running rich or something. I think these modern cars don't even get "stuff" inside the tips....REAL clean and you shouldn't see exhaust beyond the water vapor in the morning before the cat lights.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's kinda what I thought, but my BF likes to find fault with everything. He's gonna have to look harder, because my Soul is perfect. Not gonna speak to my asSoul tho.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
After almost one whole year of driving , There is barely even anything on the tail pipe..... :eek: I stuck my finger in the tailpipe :eek:

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,001 Posts
What about a diesel? Wouldn't that leave more "dirt" then a petrol engine?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
like the tail pipe on the soul and so far no problems staying clean BUT within a few months i did notice some rust developing on that cheap hook thing back there!

·
Registered
728 Posts
My BF thinks that the design of the tailpipe will cause issues with keeping the car clean back there. Comments?
If everything is in proper working order and you drive in a reasonable manor there shouldn't be any soot or ash from the exhaust on the rear of your car.

Excessive soot from the exhaust usually indicates some sort of problem. It may not be a major issue and it could be normal for the car, but it usually indicate something isn't quite right. The engine could be running too rich, have a leaky head gasket (oil or coolent), worn piston rings, cold start issues, and/or may have many other issues.

Another thing that can cause excessive soot build up is low exhaust velocity at the tailpipe. If a very large muffler or exhaust system is installed the dirty exhaust gass will just puff out the exhaut tip and hang around the bumper area instead of being blown away. It is sort of like the difference between blowing smoke out a paper towel roll verses blowing smoke out a drinking straw.

A final thing to keep in mind. Short trips with stop and go type driving can cause excessive soot build up. It doesn't let the engine and exhaust warm up fully

You shouldn't have anything to worry about for many-many miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts