Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Felt I had share this...
Check out this insightful video before you do any Suspension Mods on your vehicle... a must see!
Cheers...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Thanks for posting this excellent video.
The points made are really common sense.
The negatives sure outweigh the positives when doing these
suspension mods.
However,I'm thinking,vehicle owners will continue to use these parts
for the looks gained rather than the harm that is being done to
other components and ride quality(safety too).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most vehicle owners will always want to mod their vehicles in some way or another, and I include myself among them!
Although I'm lucky enough to have a close friend who owns a garage with ample experience in racing and tuning to help me out, and not do something stupid! But most people don't...
I am running on lowering springs myself for now, while I save up for proper coilovers. And was advised to at least get it aligned by a professional. And once I receive my coilovers it has to be set up properly by experienced professionals to make sure the handling and ride actually improve! ...and not just the lowered looks.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Most vehicle owners will always want to mod their vehicles in some way or another, and I include myself among them!
Although I'm lucky enough to have a close friend who owns a garage with ample experience in racing and tuning to help me out, and not do something stupid! But most people don't...
I am running on lowering springs myself for now, while I save up for proper coilovers. And was advised to at least get it aligned by a professional. And once I receive my coilovers it has to be set up properly by experienced professionals to make sure the handling and ride actually improve! ...and not just the lowered looks.
Of course,suspensions have changed dramatically over the years.
When I first started driving(showing my years),all American made cars had the
same basic,coil spring front/leaf spring rear.My first car,a used 57' Ford underwent
several phases of customizing. Most involved lowering or raising. The front lowering
was do with spring clamps as the OP has shown. other clamps were hooked long pieces
that you needed to drill through the spring chassis mounting to use.
These were the best. The rear was lowered with lowering blocks.
To raise the front,use spring inserts.The rear,flip over the rear mounting shackles of the
springs.
The raked look was hot.

Now,coilovers are the best with a quality alignment.

But,with the Soul,leave it the hell alone.
Wrong vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts