Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 base and I take it frequently to parks and along dirt and gravel roads hauling kayaks, bikes, camping gear, or whatever I'm feeling that day.

I would be lying if I acted like this serves a whole lot of practical use but as far as looks go, I'd like to put some larger(diameter) tires on, and add some lift. I've only been able to find 1.2" (30mm) strut spacers on eBay, and nothing else. I was wondering if perhaps anyone knows of another Kia/Hyundai with the same strut mounts that I could just swap them out? Add around 2 or 3 inches? Maybe a Kona or Sorento? I have no idea how to see if they would fit without actually buying them and trying to fit them.

I got some new 16x7 +35 rims and from using some calculators, without trimming the fenders i could fit some 215/70r16s atleast.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On eBay the 1.2inch lift spacers fit multiple models, but I'm still not sure about which vehicles would have swappable parts. I've already checked and it appears the struts on the soul are ONLY on the soul

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also don't know if there's any vehicles that have slightly more suspension height

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there... I stumbled across your post and I wanted to share my setup. I am a shop manager for a tire and wheel shop and have the luxury of playing around with tires and sizes.

I currently run the Falken Wildpeak AT Trails in a 215/65R16. I am running lightweight wheels with a +35 offset and k&n drop in to compensate for the added tire weight and gas mileage reduction. These BARELY fit and have to baby it over harsh speed bumps but in snow and trails the set up is great.

Just an idea for those looking for an all terrain setup without lifting. These tires work for the factory wheels too but expect a decrease in acceleration and gas mileage. Here are pics.
20201016_205605.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts