Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been raining here in Savannah for a week and raining hard. I noticed the other day that my sunroof is leaking :(. Its not a huge leak but still I know water can cause huge problems. I am pretty upset (just because I haven't owned it very long) but I am taking it to the dealer to see what they say. But just giving a heads up it might be a problem for someone else too. Or it might just be my luck, haha.

·
Registered
728 Posts
It has been raining here in Savannah for a week and raining hard. I noticed the other day that my sunroof is leaking :(. Its not a huge leak but still I know water can cause huge problems. I am pretty upset (just because I haven't owned it very long) but I am taking it to the dealer to see what they say. But just giving a heads up it might be a problem for someone else too. Or it might just be my luck, haha.

My civic had a sunroof that only leaked when going through the touchless power washer type car washes. This was just something that I learned the seal of the sunroof couldn't handle. Otherwise there were no issues.

Yes... a leaky sunroof can cause all sorts of problems. Glad to hear you are getting it looked at ASAP.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Check the rubber seal around the sunroof window. Mine was pulled out at random places when I got it home. I just took a flathead screwdriver and pushed it back into the window groove then it was fixed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will absolutely check that out when I get home (and it stops raining again) I have a tarp over it now to protect it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ places like pep boys have this rubber strip seal in different widths with a lip that worked well on sealing my sunroof after cable broke... if you don't want to use tarp then can cut strips to fit inside around sunroof and then close roof as a temporary fix until kia takes care of problem... i glued b/c i knew it would not be used for rest of car life...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Also, even though it's new, make sure the drain holes for the sunroof are not bocked. A leaf or something else could have gotten in the track and blocking the drain. phillip

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the advance warning and the information. Good luck at the dealership.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry its been awhile I have been swamped at work. I went to the dealer and they told me the leakage is normal, as long as it stays in the drain pans. I have never owned a vehicle with a sunroof before so I have no idea how they work. They were very nice to me and I guess everything is fine!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It rained here today in Florida and my husband said that the sunroof is leaking. He said it isn't leaking inside the car but it is leaking between the roof of the car and the interior. We aren't sure if this is where the drain lines are or not. I will have to get out my manual and see. We've had our soul for less than 1 week and we love it. I hope this isn't a bad thing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I live in south Georgia and during the past couple weeks it has rained, pretty bad at times and I have went through a carwash with no leaks that I can see. Let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
It rained here today in Florida and my husband said that the sunroof is leaking. He said it isn't leaking inside the car but it is leaking between the roof of the car and the interior. We aren't sure if this is where the drain lines are or not. I will have to get out my manual and see. We've had our soul for less than 1 week and we love it. I hope this isn't a bad thing.
Welcome to the forums Roscoepalien from out of Holland.
Go to your dealer the best you can do.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
In Holland we do not need a sunroof,............fortunately.
Anyway I think this is not necessary because of the airco we have inside.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
It's normal for the sunroof to leak just enough for water to go down the drains built into it, the thing has to be at least loose enough to MOVE.

I have never noticed water inside yet, but did notice that during the blow dryer thing in the robot carwash touchless thing, there was the "sound" of leaking....but nothing really coming in. You could hear that the air from the blow dryer was finding a place to make noise at the very back of either side of the sunroof. I inspected the open sunroof directly after the carwash and noticed just the TINIEST couple drops just outside the tracks. Ten times that would never come into the car.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
"Old rags twirling around on a spindle" carwash is bad for your car.......Switch to a carwash built later than the SEVENTIES.

This thing I use is just a robot that goes back and forth spraying soap and water. There are no rags....there are no kids crawling allover the car going through your parking meter change. If I ever let the car get dirty enough a few minutes in some water jets won''t clean it, it'll be detailed.

You'll get a ticket for washing a car outside here in San Diego......and probly a jury of twelve if you let a hose run in your driveway.

I think I read somewhere that if I turn any sprinklers on at 3pm, I'll get the chair.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts