Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was at a car show that was held in the Canadian Tire parking lot in Whitby. I have to say there were some NICE rides there but there was also some really crappy cars. Even some of the nice ones were filthy inside. There were only 2 KIA's. One was Aaron with a blue Forte that joined us at White Feather on our Whitby-Stouffville run. The other Kia was an old junker. I was actually embarassed. When the judges came to look at Aaron's Forte I heard him start the list of mods with "it's only a Kia" to which the judge replied we use to say the same thing about a lot of cars and now they are are sweeping the trophies.
My point is that we should be entering in these Car shows too to get KIA's on the map and stop feeling like they are "just Kia's"
Lets get out there.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
We are very gifted in Southern Ontario with having a Classic and Custom car scene which some say rivals, if not exceeds that of Southern California Car Culture. There are a plethora of regular summer Cruises, meets and events where car nuts can go and show off their pride and joys.

Depending on the event there will be varying degrees of acceptance for late model Imports unless you go to a specifically Import oriented event. If one is trophy hunting then you need to make sure there's a class that fits your vehicle. If you just want to go see cool cars of all genres and hang out with Car Crazy people, then you can find something going on all Summer.

Check this lot out:

Classic Car Cruise Nights in Ontario - Oxford Auto Sales, Mississauga, Ontario Since 1990

I've been to Thornhill Cruisers event on a Monday night and it's huge with a great diversity of cars. Check out this Summer's itinery:

Thornhill Cruisers Car Club, Thornhill, Ontario, Canada - Welcome

Gary is a member...............

So we kinda have a Lava Soul foot in the door there :cool:

On Wednesdays in Scarborough there's:

This tends to be more for North American tin and Street Rods.

This is a huge Etobicoke event that lots of cars go to:

Home

We should turn up at one of these as a group and open some eyes to Kia.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Unfortunately, Kia of Thornhill didn't pick up a sponsor night at Thornhill Cruisers this year. If they had, I would try to get the 'vintage' car rule bent to get our cars in for that week! We do have lots of free guest parking in the lower lot, great food served by the Church, and we raise money for charity by giving ALL the proceeds from our 50/50 draws to our causes. That and tons of cars of all vintages (over 20 years old, that is!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts