Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to order a new sub for the rear as I’m pretty confident the existing one is blown to hell I can hear it rattling badly. Upon searching I’ve seen you can cut the rear grill out which is okay but I’m questioning the size of the woofer. Factory is a 6 inch. Will 6.5 fit? I’ve read and seen some people put an 8 in there and cut the metal in the old enclosure just slightly. I’ve seen amazon has a Pyle/ pyramid for like 10.00 and it’s a 6 inch exact fit. Any pros and cons to either? How does the amazon one hit? I like some decent bass and im impressed by the 2011 Kia Soul sport sound system as is but I don’t like hearing the sun bottom out. It sounds like the paper is ripped on the poor thing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Getting ready to order a new sub for the rear as I’m pretty confident the existing one is blown to hell I can hear it rattling badly. Upon searching I’ve seen you can cut the rear grill out which is okay but I’m questioning the size of the woofer. Factory is a 6 inch. Will 6.5 fit? I’ve read and seen some people put an 8 in there and cut the metal in the old enclosure just slightly. I’ve seen amazon has a Pyle/ pyramid for like 10.00 and it’s a 6 inch exact fit. Any pros and cons to either? How does the amazon one hit? I like some decent bass and im impressed by the 2011 Kia Soul sport sound system as is but I don’t like hearing the sun bottom out. It sounds like the paper is ripped on the poor thing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest i wouldnt put another subwoofer in that location as the space between the wall and speaker is too shallow. You wont get the full effect from a bigger speaker in that location. The bass wont be as deep. You will have more buzzing and rattling than anything.. A better idea is to buy a base tube such as Bazooka and have it mounted on the floor behind the drivers seat. This way it wont be in the way if you need to put something big in your trunk. You can fold the seats down and have maximum cargo capacity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts