Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been getting this prompt a few times a week for the past 2-3 weeks now. Prior to that, I've never seen it pop up in my 2 years of ownership. Has anyone else seen it? How do I make it stop? I've listened to Siruius XM for maybe a few times during their promotional free trial, but haven't since.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
Do you know if it is for Sirius? Do you have UVO? I would go ahead and press the button to find out what it is that they are trying to sell you. Just don't put in any CC info, name or address and wait for them to start asking for it. It may not be update able from the radio without the phone attached. The UVO has been advertised as free for five years in Gen 2 cars and you are at about that limit.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know if it is for Sirius? Do you have UVO? I would go ahead and press the button to find out what it is that they are trying to sell you. Just don't put in any CC info, name or address and wait for them to start asking for it. It may not be update able from the radio without the phone attached. The UVO has been advertised as free for five years in Gen 2 cars and you are at about that limit.
Not sure if it's Sirius or UVO related. When I tap "Enter," the prompt goes away.

·
Super Moderator
7,913 Posts
I've been getting a prompt for a few days now on my Kenwood DMX7705S headunit that says featured channels have been updated, then you must tap the screen to close it. Look's very similar to what you have seen, probably the just worded differently?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish there were a way to pinpoint what the subscription is for. I'll shoot an email over to Kia to see of they know.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,612 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey hank, I remembered this problem has come up "for years" now. I think it's totally related to SiriusXM.

Folks over on the Kia forums have talked about the same frustration getting that dang message to go away (also on the Genesis forum too).

https://www.kia-forums.com/4g-2016-2018-sportage/255914-sirius-subscription-updated-message-wont-go.html
Thank you, Geo. That's good info. Now I'll have to decide how much it bothers me to call Sirius and or Kia to have them assist.

·
Super Moderator
7,913 Posts
Hey hank, I remembered this problem has come up "for years" now. I think it's totally related to SiriusXM.

Folks over on the Kia forums have talked about the same frustration getting that dang message to go away (also on the Genesis forum too).

https://www.kia-forums.com/4g-2016-2018-sportage/255914-sirius-subscription-updated-message-wont-go.html
I've had SiriusXM for years and until recently it happened every now and then, but lately it's eveytime you listen to SiriusXM.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
SiriusXM is going through a lot of reorganizing, with acquiring Pandora and other channels, so expect a lot of this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts