Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sweet I think that’s the price rock auto was as well! Thanks man. Really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With this way you will have to reuse your old coil spring and mounts. It’s just the cartridge. It’s OEM and better than aftermarket parts, but if you buy new springs and mounts, then have someone assemble them, it gets pricey. So keep that in mind if price is a factor.

Reactions: kpayton

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
KYB are pretty good, I have however found them to be much stiffer then original in many applications. Go with OEM, they already lasted 10 years and 130k on your car so you can pretty much assume they will last the rest of it's life if you buy a new set of the same.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I never used them before but they are manufactured in Korea.

Product Font Screenshot Number Parallel

Cloud Product World Font Screenshot

·
Registered
709 Posts
Munroes do not have good reputation. Avoid.

I would reach for Bilsteins given how popular they are with light-truck based 4X4 vehicles. Then I see the right struts are out of stock on RockAuto.com. The price of the left strut is not too expensive. However, these Bilsteins are rated as "heavy duty" which would be fine for me and perhaps too rough for most folks.

The Mandos come with the coil spring which might be a good idea to replace for high mileage vehicles.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Monroe are such garbage that Auto Zone won't even carry them because they don't even meet their lowly standards. I have dozens of stories about their poor performance that I just don't have time to tell. I'll tell a quick one, I have a friend, walked into his shop and he was putting struts on his Buick, I said didn't you replace them like 2 years ago? He said yes, 2 times now in 2 years because they were Monroe so he finally learned and bought a better brand. You are just fine ordering any Amazon China made pile of garbage as it would compare well to Monroe.
Try a better brand or go OEM if you can.
Not sure I agree with your opinion of the quality of Monroe shocks & struts. I've owned my own auto repair shop and have used Monroe replacements on many cars and have never had any premature wear issues. Monroe has been producing quality shocks & struts for decades, but there are always exceptions, I guess...just saying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im finally getting to order new struts for my 2011 Soul ! and of course on RockAuto they are out of the front right side on Monroe's. They have Ultra Power and some PRT brand.

AutoZone only carries Duralast. I really wanted the Monroes but like everything out there right now looks like a shortage has developed.

Thoughts?
Buy the KYB’s they are the best (damper)shock for the money…..period I have them on my 2010 Exclamation, and 2012 Plus

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another question along these lines is i recall the 2014 Soul ! being taller than our current 2016 Soul + but no time to be sure. We have the rack issue whereby the bolt comes loose and makes the car shake while braking. At 90K miles soon, it’s probably new shock strut time. The 235/60R/18” snow tires I got are slightly taller than the stock ones by 1.4” above wheel center. I’m hoping to make them work but want to be sure before installing

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul ! 2.0gdi
242 Posts
Another question along these lines is i recall the 2014 Soul ! being taller than our current 2016 Soul + but no time to be sure. We have the rack issue whereby the bolt comes loose and makes the car shake while braking. At 90K miles soon, it’s probably new shock strut time. The 235/60R/18” snow tires I got are slightly taller than the stock ones by 1.4” above wheel center. I’m hoping to make them work but want to be sure before installing
Sounds like you might have more going on than just the loose bolt issue, just an fyi to get it actually checked out.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts