Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so excited to buy a used 2016 Kia Soul 74k miles. I love it, and it seems to be in great condition. The air conditioner did not work. The dealership has had it in service for 3 days and then again, two weeks now and I'm in a loaner. So far they have replaced the entire AC system and they can't figure out why it won't work. Everything else in the vehicle seems to work flawlessly.

Any guesses guys?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ac is not but the dealership is not charging me because in the paperwork it said they checked the AC

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,617 Posts
Did you see any of these guys in the Service Dept?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: So im getting my Soul back. The dealership cannot figure out why the AC wont work still. They have scheduled an Engineer from KIA to come down and work on it sometime next month. Quite strange and scary

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. I also noticed my outside temperature does not read i wonder if it could be related.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,617 Posts
How are the grounding points under the hood? A weak or oxidized connection can cause some bizarre electrical problems.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Wast the car ever in an accident? Perhaps the front end was hit and some lines are missing/kinked. Odd that they replaced the "entire" ac system. Just another example how dealer's techs suck at diagnosing any issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was sold as not having an accident. I feel like there is some minor electrical issue they arnt catching

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It ended up getting diagnosed as a wire harness by the engineer. They are supposed to have me back in.to.do it at some point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts