Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Soul came on 205/55R16 Hankook Optimo 426 tires.

Things are still pretty new, but we get a lot of rain here and I've already had reason to question the wet traction of these tires. I'll be switching to my Michelin winter feet soon, but these Hankooks aren't inspiring confidence as yet.

My previous car had 215/45R17 Bridgestone Potenza G019 tires that stuck like glue and wore like iron.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
I can't wait for my 16" Nexen's to wear out or I might just go ahead and replace them anyway. As you see not a fan at all.......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not a big fan of the Hankooks. I replaced them within the first 1000 miles when I bought my 2011 Soul last December and installed Goodyear Assurance Comforteds. I felt the original tires were extremely lacking in snow and wet conditions. There was a night and day improvement in performance with the new tires.

I'll probably do something similar with my 2012, before winter arrives. I just don't know which tires I'm going to replace them with this time.

JB

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have the Hankook 205/55R 16's on my new Soul and they work GREAT! Rain? What is that? Snow? Hmmmm...did I mention my tires work great? Southern California is AWESOME!! :)

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
the nexen are ok...they last well, just a bit noisy. Am replacing mine very soon with falken tyres.... bit more expensive and hopefully quieter. But i have never had any traction issues - wet or dry with the nexen.... tho dont take that as a recommendation.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have stock Hankook Optimo H426 tires on my Soul. So far, it is acceptable, but I will wait until winter to see how they are. I will most likely replace the tires at or shortly before the car's first birthday next year. I am unsure if I will get new 18" inch tires, or get either 15" or 16" tires and wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts