Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering if I bought the full oem Navi radio from eBay and swapped it with my mid level radio in my 2014 Kia Soul exclaim would it work? Could I get it to work with navigation and all or is this process not possible. I like the look of the factory navi unit and I don’t want a aftermarket unit

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
And this marks a 1,000,000 and 1 times this same question has been asked. Nope, nah, HET, non,
아니, 没有.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. Except I could care less about navigation. It's 2020 and any kind of nav that comes in a car still sucks a$$. Does everything else work normally?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
This question has been asked and answered a number of times, this swap is not feasible because some of the harness's that are needed are missing.

Pat.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Further to this question regarding swapping an OEM nav unit in place of a standard head unit. Some manufacturers use a common wire harness throughout their line up, they leave unused plugs and connectors spare. KIA on the on the other hand appears to use model specific harness's, this is the reason the swap of the nav unit to a model without the relevant harness is all but impossible.

Pat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow that's crazy that they would use a different harness depending on what stereo the soul comes with from the factory

·
Registered
1 Posts
I only care about having Carplay and Android Auto, so will they still work? Or will the unit just not work at all. I have no plans to use the built in navigation.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts