Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repeat I'm new here I was wondering if anyone had added an amplifier to their Soul's stock head unit. Any problems incurred or tips and tricks to use I also wanted to know if my radio would lock up when i disconnected the batter cable that's my biggest concern. I have a 2016 (11th month of 15) Soul Base with just the plain 6 speaker system with sirius and blue tooth and such. I'm fully capable of wiring just not so capable of unlocking an anti-theft'd radio if that's even a problem Thanks everyone

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@conwelpic
Provided a lot of good info but never answered my one real question Will my radio lock up if I disconnected my battery from the car any other threads or info would be appreciated greatly

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2018 kia soul with 3 aftermarket amplifiers. The radio in mine does not lock up. Not even sure what that means though... I've never heard of that happening before in any car. Let me know if you have any more questions.

https://imgur.com/a/PMbCt

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2018 kia soul with 3 aftermarket amplifiers. The radio in mine does not lock up. Not even sure what that means though... I've never heard of that happening before in any car. Let me know if you have any more questions.
The radio lock up is an anti theft device thats more common in GM and Honda products I have very little experience with our cars so I just wanted to make absolutely sure What the lock does is make it to where the radio is inoperable until an unlock code is put in it usually done by a dealership after paying a pretty penny for the code BUT I DIGRESS Thank you very much for your reply

1 - 7 of 7 Posts