Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me figure out how to have the stock KIA Soul GPS show street names? It does it randomly. In these photos, you'll see that it no where shows me the street I'm on, and the street to my left (for example). Not at 25, 50, 100 or 200 metres.

GPS 25 m.JPG [/ATTACH] GPS 100 m.JPG GPS 200 m.JPG

No matter what zoom level I use, it will not show me at least half the street names. I've had it where the screen shows nothing but streets, but not a single name. The whole purpose of having a GPS on the screen is to see what's around and anticipate what I'm doing by seeing upcoming street names etc.

Is there a setting I need to turn on? Is there another option for maps (where every street name appears at any reasonable zoom level?)

Attachments

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
have you read the manual on the unit in detail? Can't help you as I use a Garmin portable unit.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Mine shows them , I think .
OK checked today before I put Soul Bee It away for a month and when I didnt have a destination set it didn't show all the cross streets but when I did , it did .

·
Registered
811 Posts
The area in question, ie; the streets, how long have they been in existence? Maybe they didn't make it into the latest software of the Navi system?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, as a new Soul owner, I am now familiar that the community uses the "generations" term and concept. Would you know how I could contact the admin to have this thread, which I ignorantly started under the wrong gen, could be transferred to the other generation? I've moused over almost every button on the screen, but can't see how to move it. My apologies for not noticing or respecting the generation designation.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
Yes, as a new Soul owner, I am now familiar that the community uses the "generations" term and concept. Would you know how I could contact the admin to have this thread, which I ignorantly started under the wrong gen, could be transferred to the other generation? I've moused over almost every button on the screen, but can't see how to move it. My apologies for not noticing or respecting the generation designation.
no problem, you could PM one of the moderators (shaggy above is one (just click on his name to PM), Buzz is another and MT-ED another) to mention it or they usually spot it and move it, you can't do it yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts