Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,902 Posts
I took a shot that it might absorb into it and make less sticky, and it seems to have worked.. Since the dash is textured, I don't want to damage that with abrasives. I actually used my bowling powder, but intend to try a few different things to see what works best and lasts.
This guy talks about using sodium carbonate (in OxiClean) & says that worked for him. I've got a computer keyboard that has a built in handrest that turned sticky. I think I'll try some OxiClean on it. Nothing else has worked. I finally covered it with some saran wrap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to figure out what to do with the sticky dash. My 2011+ is sticky all the way around the dash, not just the top. I've been trying to velcro my ipod to the bottom of the dash and it's sticky too. I'm assuming that it was a low-glare, non-slip feature from Kia, as it's uniform all over the dash, even to the underside.......

What kind of dash covers are you talking about?

·
Registered
597 Posts
The glue that is inside the factory dash disintegrates and migrates trough the pores out. You clean it only to get sticky again. Other Asian cars had that problem (Toyota, Lexus) too, my guess they don't account for the US temperatures. Never had this issue on my Fords.
A cover or a film is all you can do. Or a new dash - Toyota was sued for that:
Toyota and Lexus Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Filed, Again

More about this: How to fix your sticky/melting Dash it before it gets worse.
They have an innovative kit for Kia Soul: STICKY DASH FIX KIT - Kia Soul (2009 - 2013)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 soul has a very sticky dash. I bought it brand new and always had this problem. Nothing gets it off, my dash is covered in dust and dog hair and I can't get it off. So frustrating.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,902 Posts
41 - 48 of 48 Posts