Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

So, bought a used 2014 Soul EX in green.
It has the base unit for stereo (not the NAV version) and I have some gripes about it.

If I'm playing audio through bluetooth, and I turn the car off, then back on -- instead of staying on bluetooth and trying to reconnect, it defaults to satellite radio - which I do not have or want.

Is there any way to set the defaults/order on this unit?
Would love if I could go

Radio > Bluetooth > anythingbutsatteliteradio
or Bluetooth > Radio

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
663 Posts
The "bluetooth doesn't reconnect" thing seems to be an issue with that radio. I don't think there's a way to make it work how you want without replacing the head unit. With the base (2015) head unit, I use a thumb drive for music, and that comes back on exactly where you left off, so long as you leave the USB stick plugged in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The "bluetooth doesn't reconnect" thing seems to be an issue with that radio. I don't think there's a way to make it work how you want without replacing the head unit. With the base (2015) head unit, I use a thumb drive for music, and that comes back on exactly where you left off, so long as you leave the USB stick plugged in.
Late reply, but thanks - I may throw a bunch of music at a usb for now.

I'll probably replace the head unit but dont like the idea of having to refab something for the USB+3.5mm inputs (as well as the built in mics)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just push the media button a few seconds after start up.
Shouldn't have to...its a pain. Mercury and other cars start off where you left off with the last used media setting. If you are in and out of your car alot and all you play is bluetooth music, waiting for the phone to connect, then pressing the media button and then the bluetooth button is a very unnecessary and inconvenient feature deficiency, especially given that this is a simple tech fix for kia.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
7,940 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts