Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I wanted to post some pics of my steering wheel swap. I wanted leather and a different look so I installed a steering wheel from a 2017 Forte.
It wasn't plug and play. I did gain radio MUTE control on the steering wheel but had to solder a different resistor in the controls to get steering mode working.
Can't post pics yet because I have not posted enough on this forum yet. PM me if you want me to send pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I have mute controls for the radio on the steering wheel. Notice yellow icon 20180704_113241.jpg on top middle portion of screen.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I find this very cool, but scary at the same time. What if the new airbag messes up? Mute button is nice, but not sure if worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Why would the airbag not work? Its exactly the same module as the Soul's- but in a different covering. Plus, the connections and the wiring are color coded and if it weren't hooked up correctly...a warning light would light up in the dashboard.
I didn't do this modification to gain mute (that's just an added bonus), I did it to have a leather steering wheel and a different look.
I spent many hours studying the diagrams of both the Forte and the Soul to get all the switches and functions working properly.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Why would the airbag not work? Its exactly the same module as the Soul's- but in a different covering. Plus, the connections and the wiring are color coded and if it weren't hooked up correctly...a warning light would light up in the dashboard.
I didn't do this modification to gain mute (that's just an added bonus), I did it to have a leather steering wheel and a different look.
I spent many hours studying the diagrams of both the Forte and the Soul to get all the switches and functions working properly.
Nice work!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,140 Posts
Look's great!! Nice job on the install! :encouragement:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts