Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Steering Wheel Media Controls. Please help

I just got a 2012 Kia Soul today.
While driving it home, I was playing my music through my iPhone using the Media function.
The Seek Track Up/Down controls were working correctly, but later I noticed that instead of going to the next song when I clicked the "Up" button it started the song over or went back to the previous song. The same was happening with the "Down" button. I can't go forwards, only backwards.
It does the same for the Seek controls in the center console.

However, it works fine with the radio and Sirius

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
recheck your manual it all depends how quick you press the button. If pressed very quick it functions one way and a bit slower it functions another way.

Please fill out your DRIVES profile settings for future postings, it helps everyone know the details of your vehicle - thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does the same thing. When pressed quickly, it goes to the previous song and the same happens when pressed slower.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
didn't know you had UVO, that is different for the time, did you check the info on page 54 in your owners manual. However, this is for the iPod, so maybe the iPhone could operate different. Don't own Apple products or bluetooth cell phone so can't help you.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I play my iPod and Thumb Drives on my UVO. One odd thing I noticed a few times, is that you have to keep an eye on the Number of the Song you're playing. For example, on the right hand side of the UVO Screen, when your iPod, Thumb Drives, or Jukebox is playing..... you'll see a Number... a Slash... and a Number... like this: 45/78. That means you're currently playing Song 45 of 78.

Sometimes, regardless if I use the Voice Activation, Steering Wheel Controls, or the Dash Controls, my UVO Screen will show 1/1 or 1/2, and when the Song finishes, or I try to Advance to the next song, it'll either play the same song again, or go to the second song. It's weird. I usually have to correct this by pulling out the USB Plug, and re-inserting it again. This tme, it'll show all of the songs I have loaded. Strange!

Let us know if you find a solution!

Cheers!

BB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts