Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks
I bought a turn signal headlight switch with the auto position and fog lights.
Those who have removed the steering wheel before on the 2nd gen souls care to chime in with guidance?
The FSM from Kia soul man is vague to say the least in this.
And yes I’ve used the search function.

thanks
Perry

·
Registered
83 Posts
Folks
I bought a turn signal headlight switch with the auto position and fog lights.
Those who have removed the steering wheel before on the 2nd gen souls care to chime in with guidance?
The FSM from Kia soul man is vague to say the least in this.
And yes I’ve used the search function.

thanks
Perry
There is a steering wheel lock nut (it is a nylon nut) that when removed should NOT be reused (per KIA service manual) but replaced with a new one - for my 2014 Soul the P/N is 56195-2F000.

Steering Wheel Removal instructions (Note: In Step 4 "Do not reuse lock nut.")

My steering wheel initially didn't seem like it was going to come off, but on a whim I banged the bottom of wheel with the palm of my hand a few times and it broke free.

Check out this discussion involving adding cruise control, to the base model Soul, which requires removing the steering wheel, airbag, etc:

Service Manual online

Multifunction Switch instructions

Airbage Removal instructions

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
It's pretty easy to do. Disconnect battery about 15 or so mins prior. There are 3 push pin holes on the back of the wheel. Left, right & bottom. Stick a skinny long screwdriver or similar (I used a shish kabob skewer) until you hear a pop release. You'll notice the horn-airbag has popped forward. Pull out, there are 2 wires with color clips to release and a white wire with a slip off clip. Undo them and pull the horn with airbag out (you really don't see the airbag but it's in there).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts