Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time poster on this website WHOOOP! Anyway, I have a 2011 Soul and have been pleasantly surprised with the lack of maintenance it has needed so far. It has 83,000 miles and is running well. However, I am having a problem with my stereo system when I play music from iPhone and connect it through the aux port. The problem is that I am getting a static buzz that will fluctuate in intensity as I press on more on the gas pedal.

If I take a charger cable and connect my phone to the USB port the static buzz goes away. Its a ghetto solution but its what has been working for the past month or so. I think it is a ground issue. I do not know where the ground is though. Can someone tell me where the ground is and also how to reground?

Also, I have been having a problem going from 3rd gear to 4th. My car has a manual transmission and if I am riding 3rd hard with the rpms over 5 and shift into 4th the gears will grind. This wasnt the case in the first 75,000 miles. I will have to either shift early from 3rd or have to wait for the rpms to dip while holding the clutch before shifting. I understand that the KIA soul is not a racecar but sometimes in a merge you have to get on this car to bring it up to speed and its dangerous/embarrassing to have the gears grind.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,086 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts