Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i am new here; have had my kia for a year, had and awful experience with Phil Smith Kia in Lighthouse point; and pretty much have stayed away from anything kia, since the purchase because corporate did nothing, gm- did nothing; I was an educated tomboy who came in knowing specifically what i wanted; manual transmission, navigation and locking center console, remote start. the only thing i got was manual transmission...Trade in was a toyota fj cruiser loaded to the gils; that they didnt pay off for 2.5 months. nor did they refund me. I did the run around with corporate for 3 months or so and then just gave up on the 1100 they stole from me. But apparently they wrapped a platinum extended warranty into my purchase, that of course i am pretty sure i knew nothing about, since i was told the other day that i had one?
I went to start my car, on monday, and click, click, click.... lights, radios windows all operational. A neighbor helped me push it back in the drivewayx4 and had to put my car in reverse and pop the clutch and finally it started. Now 3 days later, they still cant duplicate the problem bc the computers arent reading it. Not drawing extra power, not battery related, they refuse to remove started and look to see if their are teeth missing on the bendix, or manually turn fly wheel because Kia Corporate wont authorize it? wth

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome. All Dealerships are not the same, We couldn't strike a deal with the dealership closes to home. In retrospect I think we got lucky, because I am sure they would have taken advantage and did something underhanded. We drove 390 miles to the dealer that we bought our second Kia from. We have been happy with our purchase and they didn't push anything on us. So how far is the next dealership? You might talk to them and see if they are willing to help with your problems. Just a possibility .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you and i have, despite my hesitancy.. I did go to them. I love my kia, but the problem i am having seems to be a mechanical one. starter gets stuck. So i get stranded.. Its my only vehicle, i am a single mom and my youngest is moderately to severely disabled. Plus when the problem happened, i just had a rare femoral hernia surgically repaired and have 180 internal stitches, and 80 external and shouldnt be pushing my car or even a gallon of milk...so there fore having to rock my starter loose is a problem. So is Kia corporate not allowing starter to be removed to check internal parts. The service manager told me to wait for it to happen again, and have it towed to them. which leaves me stranded with an autistic child usually in tow.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hello Usah and welcome to the Soul forums.
I see you have another post so will follow up on there rather than in the introductions.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts